Is this opportunity knocking? $8,000 1999 GT

Platonic Solid

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
CT-USA
I need some input from you guys.
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1 owner
1999 35th anniversary edition Mustang GT. 100% stock for $8,000.
Automatic.
Power Driver Seat.
3 alarm systems (one is lowjack)
90,000 mostly highway miles, never driven in snow, always garaged through entire winter
(heck, he even unregisters and uninsures it during the winter).
Meticulously maintained (Looks brand new throughout)
Color = Chrome Yellow Clearcoat
No Accidents

The owner is a friend and business associate so there's no question about the spotless history of this car.

The huge difference between NADA and KBB has my head spinning.
NADA = $9,450 to $13,550
KBB = $4,860 to $7,635

By NADA standards $8,000 is a steal, but by KBB it's slightly overpriced :shrug:

Any insight appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

90,000 miles for 8K... that's not a steal at all.

Oh and all stangs made in 99 were 35th anniversary Mustangs. There was a select few that had the 35th anniversary package and looked like this:

2004_Mustang_40th.jpg

This particular stang your friend owns is not a 35th anniversary package stang. I don't think they offered that package in yellow.

Keep looking and you'll find a better deal.

The only thing I feel this car has going for it is the one owner business, and the decent amount of miles. I'd be afraid of so many alarm systems messing with each other. I HATE having to work on cars with electrical problems AND alarms, especially the ones where the owners don't have the remotes anymore. They can become tedious to deal with over time.

I'd be more inclined to buy that car myself if it were a 5 speed and didn't have the alarms. Now, that green 'Stang with the Cobra bumper that N8dogg posted is effing amazing. I would go for that one!

... all stangs made in 99 were 35th anniversary Mustangs....
Yeah, I kinda figured that. In this case all it means is it has the 35th anniversary badge, which personally does nothing for me.

Thanks for the fast input. I knew I could count on you guys. I really wasn't in the market, but I also know that when a good deal lands in your lap - he who hesitates is lost.

:SNSign:

90,000 miles for 8K... that's not a steal at all.

Oh and all stangs made in 99 were 35th anniversary Mustangs. There was a select few that had the 35th anniversary package and looked like this:

2004_Mustang_40th.jpg

This particular stang your friend owns is not a 35th anniversary package stang. I don't think they offered that package in yellow.

Keep looking and you'll find a better deal.

the car you pictured is a 40th anniversary made in 2004.

the car you pictured is a 40th anniversary made in 2004.

x2, the 35th editions has the raised hood scoop that didnt come out untill 01 and I think the side scoops also but I could be wrong on those.

They also came with a very good looking 2 tone leater interior and other miscleaneous interior things suck as gauge bezels, floor mats and prob some other odds and ends.

And I wouldnt be too concerned about the mileage on these cars, it just depends if it has been regularly maintained. Mine has 152k and runs better than the day I bought it when it had 30k.

x2, the 35th editions has the raised hood scoop that didnt come out untill 01 and I think the side scoops also but I could be wrong on those.

They also came with a very good looking 2 tone leater interior and other miscleaneous interior things suck as gauge bezels, floor mats and prob some other odds and ends.

And I wouldnt be too concerned about the mileage on these cars, it just depends if it has been regularly maintained. Mine has 152k and runs better than the day I bought it when it had 30k.

yup 2-tone leather (black with silver inserts), silver shift knob, black honeycomb rear decklid thing (the part where the license plate attaches)
chin spoiler, and the other things you mentioned

I bought my 35th anniversary Limited edition model for $8600 with 57000miles (92300kms) on it last october