Is this part # the same as an A9L

GT Trooper

Feb 16, 2004
Redford
I went to Autozone to purchase a computer for a MAF conversion. The counterman gave me a part # of 78-5610. I was wondering if there is a way of cross checking to see if it is the same as an A9L. Any help on this would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, not much to say I'm afraid. As long as you asked for one for a 5 speed not an automatic it should be the same but I don't have the info to cross reference their part number to Ford's part numbers. Anybody else....?

ss93cobra said:
Well, not much to say I'm afraid. As long as you asked for one for a 5 speed not an automatic it should be the same but I don't have the info to cross reference their part number to Ford's part numbers. Anybody else....?

well you could also use the automatic mass air computer too for the 5 speed. But that still doesn't answer the question asked...

Matt

I just happened to have an A9L on my desk (yeah, i have weird paperweights)

Here are the numbers off it.

The sticker on the end says "A9L" and then underneath in small writing "9G18"

On the end where the harness plugs in, i have a ton of numbers

EECIV SFI-MA12 32K EPROM
E9ZF-12A650-A2A
6EC3912F04 15602 - 552 9G18

Not sure if that helps any

Mustang5L5 said:
I just happened to have an A9L on my desk (yeah, i have weird paperweights)

Here are the numbers off it.

The sticker on the end says "A9L" and then underneath in small writing "9G18"

On the end where the harness plugs in, i have a ton of numbers

EECIV SFI-MA12 32K EPROM
E9ZF-12A650-A2A
6EC3912F04 15602 - 552 9G18

Not sure if that helps any

Is the one on your desk for sale?

GT Trooper said:
You get the 90.00 bucks back so you actually pay 94.00

I don't think that's how core charges work. I think you pay $94 + the $90 core so it's $184 and you get the $90 back when you bring em your old comp.

I sure as hell wouldn't repair and reflash an EEC for $4

Mustang5L5 said:
I don't think that's how core charges work. I think you pay $94 + the $90 core so it's $184 and you get the $90 back when you bring em your old comp.

I sure as hell wouldn't repair and reflash an EEC for $4

That's actually what I meant. If I were going to pick one up I would take mine out and do the exchange up front so I would only have to come out of my pockets 94.00.

Mustang5L5 said:
No sorry, going in my car for a Mass air conversion soon

I really wish there was another way around this but I guess I'm stuck with having to do this mod.

Queestion for you though, I have Canfield heads, and a Cobra Intake. After doing the conversion would 30lb injectors be to big.