Is this safe to do???

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
In the summer i want to just run water mixed with water wetter coolant.. Is this safe to do, and do any of you do it? The bottle says temps run lower this way. I will put antifeeze back in before winter, just wanna know if this is ok to do..

• Sponsors (?)

depending on your intake, i have found that running straight water not only puts deposits in your radiator, but also erodes the aluminum lower intake that i have. If you have a aluminum lower intake, straight water will erode the water jackets and need to be welded later. It is also hard on your radiator unless you run distilled water... not tap water.

most tracks mandate no coolant. water and water wetter works fine (never done it on a daily driver). dont know that i would. if something isnt workin right (i.e., you're not cooling enough), i would fix it.
sounds like good advice from Indy. distilled water should always be used. never use tap water for cooling system or battery electrolite. unlike you, your cooling system doesnt need fluoride, rust, calcium and whatever other minerals and crud are in tap water to make it not kill you. tap water causes deposits and corrosion. not good. 58 cents a bottle at wally world. i keep 20 bottles on hand for cars and fish. :)