Is this the same stangnet?

• Sponsors (?)

huskerpower02 said:
ok, so who actually OWNS stangnet.com and who did the change? :shrug:

-Drew
Mike Radburn launched stangnet in July '98, and hosted it through his own networking business. To my knowledge, he is still the owner/founder/webmaster for it.
Last time it was upgraded, I hated it. Half of the features I was used to using were gone, and nothing seemed to run properly. I think I sent in complaints about things that weren't working right three times in the first month. This time however, it doesn't really look all that different to me. Everything still seems to be there, easy to find; and it so far is running smoothly on my machine with no technical difficulties. I don't usually like change, but I've gotten to really like the last incarnation of stangnet, so I'm sure I'll get used to this one quick enough since not much seems to have really changed. Stuff that was on the right is now on the left, but it's all still right there-etc. Oh, ccwilms- why couldn't you search the forums? the search button is right up there at 1oclock. slo65- we already had that go advanced nonsense. We already had quick replies too. Maybe you dialuppers don't notice any efficiency changes, becuase this sight is SLOW but with my cable this new format is running way faster than it was yesterday. I don't know how they did it, but it's running much faster now than I've seen it in months.
Let's all not be too quick to do this:
432856_131_full.jpg

I don't think it's too bad. But I still don't get any emails when someone replies to a thread I posted in. Get it from every other forum without a problem. But this seems to have been going on for quite a while. And yes, I've checked my settings so many times I can do it in my sleep. LOL

yeah, I didn't like the post info, location, avatar, etc on the top, the side where it was before is best IMO. It looks a lot better now w/ it back where it was. I did like the old link below the last post linking back to the 5.0 Tech Forum instead of hitting back or going down farther to the forum jump, but whatever...

stangbear427 said:
...and it so far is running smoothly on my machine with no technical difficulties...Maybe you dialuppers don't notice any efficiency changes, becuase this sight is SLOW but with my cable this new format is running way faster than it was yesterday. I don't know how they did it, but it's running much faster now than I've seen it in months.
:doh: oooooKAY... open mouth, insert foot (or would it be more appropriate given my last post to say, open @$$ insert head?). There must not have been anybody on when I posted that, because it hasn't run like that since. I feel like I have dialup again! This has to be THE SLOWEST sight on the entire internet! I still like it all, I've gotten used to everything already. However, this molasses in January crap will have to end... $50/month for high speed cable and now it's no faster than my old 33k dialup connection was? :nonono:

Where's the spell checker? It's the one thing missing from all the versions. I compose in Microsoft Word to catch the spelling errors & then paste into the reply to make the post readable.

Ranchero5.0 said:
Wow J, why don't you just learn to spell? I agree, the servers are taking this change hard. And of course it's friggin January when all the new puter dial up AOL christmas morons are hamming up the net.

Jamie

This old dog is too busy learning other new tricks... :banana: