Is this Wheel/Tire Package worth 3K?

pwhite05

Apr 25, 2005
I was looking to buy a set of wheel and tires and i found the Niche F18. I got a quote for $3,100. Its staggered 20x8.5 and 20 x 10 chrome with Michilin Pilot Sport PS2 tires: 245/35/20 and 285/30/20. I think they look nice but what you all think of the price? Please don't suggest bullets because i don't like them and everyone has them.

• Sponsors (?)

No wheel/tire package is worth $3,000 dollars! That's ridiculous IMO. :nonono:

That's 300 hours of work if you make $10 and hour.........BEFORE taxes. That's 7.5 weeks of work.

I would never pay that.

For me I would never pay that much for a tire/wheel combo unless I was rich (which I am not) and then I would probably buy a $10,000 combo package (LOL). If you can afford it and like the look I say go for it. If you have to think too much on the price and the money would be best spent elsewhere I say look for another combo as there are quite a bit of choices out there for under $2000/set. :)

Yikes! That's not too much less than a supercharger. If I could affort $3000 for tires and wheels, I would have a $40k car to put them on.

I bought a new set of OEM 17" GT Bullitt wheels with Pirelli tires for under $600 from KarKraft. Leaves a lot of money for performance upgrades. But, in the end, if you have to have them, spend your money as you like.

FastNYellow said:
Imake 11 an hr and i won a ne mustang so what now? lol im also 18...lol

Ok, you make 11 dollars and hour and you're 18. You have NO concept of how much money you actually make then.

$3000/$11 an hour = 272.72 hours or 272 hours and 45 minutes. Time wise you would work full time for 6 weeks plus 32 hours and 45 minutes to earn what you are thinking about paying for a set of wheels. And that is, again, before taxes. After taxes we're talking probably 2 full months pay working full time.

$3000 dollars would cover 7.5 months rent for me.

3K is way too much for any wheel/tire combo I could possibly think of. Unless may'be they're gold plated with diamond studs BLING BLING

Im with some of these other fellows, for that much money you could some serious performance upgrades, including a very good set of wheels/tires.

Im 19 now, and have owned an 05 since the first week of last December. That means I was 18 when I bought it. Heck, its a manual v6. They werent scheduled into production until the 1st of the year. Go figure how I pulled that one off.

pwhite05 said:
I was looking to buy a set of wheel and tires and i found the Niche F18. I got a quote for $3,100. Its staggered 20x8.5 and 20 x 10 chrome with Michilin Pilot Sport PS2 tires: 245/35/20 and 285/30/20. I think they look nice but what you all think of the price? Please don't suggest bullets because i don't like them and everyone has them.

you know how many allowances that is?:jaw: