Is tuning required for this product???

Brisk281GT

Aug 5, 2003
Naperville, IL
http://www.cnlperformance.com/plenum.html

I've heard these were pretty good from some people I know that have these exact units. My friend said you can really feel the difference. I was thinking about getting one of these in the near future along with the 75mm Throttle body. I have a stock GT (see signature) with just a drop in K&N. Will I have to do anything to tune my car or will I just experience better airflow? Also will my stock intake tube bolt up to the 75mm? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the accufab 70 mm throttle body and the accufab plenum just bolt on and go you will notice the difference right away the sound of the car is like a higher pitch sound its awesome i believe that all the new plenums coming out are pretty much the same in hp increase c&l, dragon accufab and a few others

btw - i'd like to add, if i were you, with your mods i think i would rather get gears & have them installed, than get a custom dyno tune. at this point the tune isn't going to do a whole lot for you, i'm sure it will help a little, but not enough to make it worth your while in my opinion. on the other hand the gears will have you grinning for quite a while :D (mine are getting ready to go in on my new one :banana: )

Yeah, with just that mod I would probably not get a dyno-tune. I'm going to wait on the gears. I don't really want to mess with the speedo calibration amongst other things. My car already gets crappy gas milage and I know that would only hurt it more. Gears would be sweet though.
So once I get the plenum and the TB installed it would bolt on with the rest of the stock intake equipment?

Brisk281GT said:
Yeah, with just that mod I would probably not get a dyno-tune. I'm going to wait on the gears. I don't really want to mess with the speedo calibration amongst other things. My car already gets crappy gas milage and I know that would only hurt it more. Gears would be sweet though.
So once I get the plenum and the TB installed it would bolt on with the rest of the stock intake equipment?

well after full exhaust & 4.10 gears i got 300+ per tank ;) it's all in how you drive it :nice: but if was being a lil awnry :jester: it would go down, but not a lot :nice:

(mods in sig. for the old car)