is x-pipe alot better than h pipewith converters all hollowed out?

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean by "better"? Better sounding, better performing, better looking?!?!? Hollowed out converters sound like ass!!!! I like the sound of an X-pipe in front of certain types of mufflers and the sound of H-Pipes in front of others. It all depends on your personal taste.

...whatever you do, don't gut your stock converters, or we'll hunt you down!!! :nono:

You could get yourself an off road H-pipe for that kind of scratch. Check into Mac or BBK for the least expensive models. And stick with something in the 2 1/2" variety. Any larger is counterproductive for most cars.

I was totally against x pipes on 5.0's until I put mine one.. I installed it when I put on my longtubes and still had my flowmaster catback and it sounded great.. Just made it slightly raspier than the H and IMO sounded much better... Now that I have the borla's, I could never go back :)

so i recently bought my 94 5.0 stang it had flowmaster 40s with the stock h-pipe. It sounded ok but i wanted somthing that sounded mean so i bought bbk equal length headers and a pypes o/r x pipe. I also installed a fenderwel bbk cold air intake i ran a set of flowmaster 50s 3 chamber and omg i love the sound of my car people almost break their neck to see whats coming down the road x-pipe is the best in my opinion but it also depends on ur sound taste