ISSUES W/ 347

dragin92gt

Nov 6, 2007
my coupe that was on here being built a few months back, is having issues.
about a month ago i put the recently aquired, NEW, 42 lb injectors in, along with the calibration tube. it has a 255lph pump, fuel psi is at 38 lbs.
the issue it with the timing. since i aquired the car, and before, the timing was at 18 or a little above on timing. so i gotta thinking and figured i should kick it back to 16. and the car runs quite a bit different.
it gotta new comp. chain when it was out, installed straight up,

is it a bad thing to run that much timing it this ******:nice:or:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

i run 14 degrees in mine. i have a similar setup. im runnin 10.5.1 compression 347 with 42 pound injectors. I have thought about bumping to 16. i wouldnt run 18. I have long tubes with flowmaster 40 mufflers so its kinda hard to hear any detonation.

if it dosent detonate then you can run that much timing, but 18 degrees is awful high, are you sure you balancer is marked right? also, is your timing pointer accurate?

i honestly didnt know that about the aluminum headed cars. when i moved it down to 16 it ran pretty ****ty. i also need to set the tps. the idle tends to hang at x. could i actually take somemore fuel psi out of it? id imagine that it needs to be at 38-39 and then the puter will take and add as needed.

thanks yall :nice:

i honestly didnt know that about the aluminum headed cars. when i moved it down to 16 it ran pretty ****ty. i also need to set the tps. the idle tends to hang at x. could i actually take somemore fuel psi out of it? id imagine that it needs to be at 38-39 and then the puter will take and add as needed.

thanks yall :nice:

yeah, set the tps first. I run about 39 psi and im a little rich at idle of course. I just rely on the computer to do its magic while driving. Im not having any eratic conditions while cruising or accelerating. Im thinking about having a chip burned during the winter sometimes to get rid of the rich condition. I would really back off the fuel pressure any for now. What type of mass air meter do you have? I run a 75mm pmas unit.