Issues With 89-93 Convertibles?

• Sponsors (?)

OH yeah, if you have little kids, make sure the window lock works. We have 2 kids and one is still in a car seat and the car seat hits the window switch. Took me for ever to realize she wasn't playing with the window.

rear window motors...:mad: :notnice: :chair: and the doors are heavy as hell...(droped it on my foot....damn grease)

You seem to have an issue with dropping things on your feet my friend. I hope you have steel toed boots.

ANYTHING that has to do with the rear windows. they come off track, they wont seal up right, the gears strip, the motors lock up.

Just make sure you run the top up and down a few times and the rear windows also work. The rest is all the same.

Thanks guys, I'll check that out.

OH yeah, if you have little kids, make sure the window lock works. We have 2 kids and one is still in a car seat and the car seat hits the window switch. Took me for ever to realize she wasn't playing with the window.

I have no little kids that I know about. :D

You seem to have an issue with dropping things on your feet my friend. I hope you have steel toed boots.

it like 90* today..was sporting some flip flop's at the time :notnice:

i sould get some though...not a bad idea... i cant even count the times ive broken mu toe's

Thanks guys, I'll check that out.

I have no little kids that I know about. :D

Plan on replacing the top pump, cylinders, and maybe the lines. If you don't have to, consider it a bonus.

Like the others said, the rear windows will probably need work too.

Convertible motor works fine on mine...weather it's been repaired before i got the car i dont know.

my rear window lost its connection, but i fixed that...and yeah, my rears dont seal up very well, i should probably have my top/windows realigned.

Hopefully it has the glass back window and check to make sure it has the little drain tube that drains the water from the cowl panel over the decklid,it should come out near the wheel in the rear fender.I bought one without that once and the first time it rained the trunk filled up just sitting in my driveway.

Plan on replacing the top pump, cylinders, and maybe the lines. If you don't have to, consider it a bonus.

+1; Also, if you can, leave the top down on it for awhile and then put it back up.
When I tested mine from the seller it worked fine, but I found it had problems closing after leaving it down after a few hours.

Combination of top motor going out and top material shrinking over the years (harder to close after sitting open for a while).

Good luck!

+1; Also, if you can, leave the top down on it for awhile and then put it back up.
When I tested mine from the seller it worked fine, but I found it had problems closing after leaving it down after a few hours.

Combination of top motor going out and top material shrinking over the years (harder to close after sitting open for a while).

Good luck!

+1...The goof who owned mine before left the top down in his garage for a long time, and when i picked it up it was down, well when i put it up I had a hell of a time latching the top, and BTW double check the top latches to make sure they aren't loose or broken. I got halfway home and the left side latch left loose...$150 to replace.

Also check the door hinges. I don't know if its just mine or that the heavier doors contribute but my welds on the top hinge are starting to separate.

LOL WOW I forgot I was on that screen name. I use that for my phone so I can see threads by 10 posts per page, otherwise I don't have enough RAM to look at the whole thread.

That was 4 years ago that I had those mods, lol spark plug wires as a mod... ahhh to be 14 again!!:lol: :lol:

The weatherstrip replacement is a PITA. Especially on the winshield posts and wher it matches up to the door strip. I am going to have to screw that part in place.

Rear windows being loose, not lining up. Yeah that is a pain too.

Yep, doors are very heavy.

Top motor and lines are easy to replace. However, the cylinders will take some time and patience.

when I get my interior back in, I plan on leaving the rear seats out and bring it to my convertible guy and have him go through it. I do not have the patience to line averything up!!

Subframes that are welded in and bolt to the seat are a MUST!!!! Also, any thing else you can do to stiffen it up will help.