It lives! Quick vid inside

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by alanw6, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Some of you may remember me posting about the engine buildup I took on over the winter. Between working a full time job and running my gauge pillar business, there was little time to work on my fox. But, I found the time and some very appreciated help from friends, and now it's all buttoned up and heading to the dyno for tuning on Saturday.

Here's a quick vid I did after the first startup once timing/fuel/tps/etc. was adjusted within spec:

[​IMG]Click here to see Video

New combo is as follows, for those interested:

306 ci with JE dished pistons @ 9.0:1 CR, Eagle H-beam rods, TFS Stage 1 cam, main girdle, Canton pan

Keith Craft ported AFR 185 heads with Scorpion 1.6 RR, gasket matched to the GT-40 intake

Vortech V-2 SQ S-trim (8 psi for break in, 14 psi after some miles are on it)

SCT BA-2400 MAF, UPR Boostmaster pipe, Edelbrock 70mm TB

FRPP shorties, Bassani catted-X, Bassani catback

MSD 6AL, MSD blaster coil, Taylor 409 race wires

255 intank with T-Rex, Aeromotive AFPR, 42 lb injectors

SCT flip chip for the tuning, and a bunch of other little mods I've forgotten to list. Ask any questions if you have them. Here's a pic of the motor before install:

Thanks for taking a look, it's been a long winter and I'm excited to see what she's got! Any guesses? Your guess will be as good as mine.

2. almost the same as mine, except i went with a 347 and buying a novi2000 supercharger. post some #'s once you get them!! im very interested. good job man:nice:

3. Thanks Chris. I'll post up numbers and a dyno graph after this weekend. Really excited (and a little nervous) about the tuning, we'll see how it goes.

I chose to save a few bucks and not stroke it. For my car's 99% street driven (weekends) life, this should suffice...

...for now.
  4. Wait until you pulley that SQ for 14lbs of're going to LOVE it.
  5. WOW! Looks awesome! Sounds great. Did you use the stock block? Im assuming so. Makes me so excited to do mine next year:banana: Gimme some specs on your fuel system....
  6. Oh yeah, I think you're absolutely right. I made sure it was built to handle 14 pounds; the stock block should be the weak link at this point.

Tony, the fuel system consists of stock lines/rails with a Walbro GSS340 intank pump and a T-Rex pusher, with 42 lb injectors. I'm hoping this will suffice, at least at 8 psi.

If not, I'll just have to throw more cash at it! LOL (when I make some more, this took a lot of it)
  7. ^^ I'm running the same fuel setup on my car at 14lbs and my injectors are running at 90% at 5800 rpm, so you'll be fine.
  8. Thanks for the heads up. Most of my research led me to believe I can deliver the fuel for 14 psi with this setup; it seems pretty proven.

Bone-stock 302 with a blower for the last 2 years with this car. I think I'm in for a big shock the first time I get to let it rip.
  9. Nice Alan!!!!:nice:

Sounds great!