It lives! Video

BennyBlown2v

Dec 9, 2004
Carmel, INdiana
Well I finished putting my 8-rib kit on today, after waiting for two weeks to get an idler because Reichard Racing was dicking around, hah. It's the BGGPerformance kit and its TOP quality. The belt was VERY hard to get on at first because of the way you have to push the tensioner, but I ended up fitting a socket wrench in the stock spot and it worked out great. I'm really happy with the way the kit works, no more belt slip, and it HAULS down low! Oh yeah and I got some new Bosch Icon wipers on there today too because I loved them so much on my Honda, haha. Next up, install the HID's :D

Heres the vid!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pizQoupuIr4

^^2.9" pulley, hits about 12-13psi so far.... I have better vids on my YouTube but they don't exactly pass stangnet quality control if you catch my drift :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

DAMN man, 2.9" Pulley! How much power do you think you are putting down now?
I am scared of breaking my daily driver... I need to get another car..

I dunno, I pulled a couple degrees of timing and richened it up 2% with my xcal to keep it safe, but it still pulls harder than it was with the slipping 3.12" 6-rib pulley. Hopefully It's in the 420-440 range, I'd be happy with that! :nice: I'll get her strapped back down on the dyno when it gets to about 55-60* outside and get a printout comparing to my last intercooled on the 6-rib.

Did you take care of that monster under your bed???

That's not me, but yes. lol I made those videos when I was like 14 or so, way before youtube, so I figured why not post em up :rlaugh:

Good job, I want an 8 rib. I plan on it in may. I wish you would have did one of your right ups. I have no idea how to switch the PS.WP, ALT, and AC pulleys. I might get the Vortech 8 rib kit just because it as a provision for a manual tensioner.

Yeah some of the pulleys are a bit of a bitch, heh. I might post up a pseudo-write-up showing the tools and associated pulleys if I get time this weekend, school is killing me though, hah. Really the biggest pain in the ass was just getting the blower back in the car without getting the belt all kinked up and stuck in the wrong spots, mostly that's because of how the blower is spaced farther away from the timing cover. Manual tensioner would really help a lot too :D

That's not me, but yes. lol I made those videos when I was like 14 or so, way before youtube, so I figured why not post em up :rlaugh:

Yeah some of the pulleys are a bit of a bitch, heh. I might post up a pseudo-write-up showing the tools and associated pulleys if I get time this weekend, school is killing me though, hah. Really the biggest pain in the ass was just getting the blower back in the car without getting the belt all kinked up and stuck in the wrong spots, mostly that's because of how the blower is spaced farther away from the timing cover. Manual tensioner would really help a lot too :D

That would be great. I didn't know about the manual tensioner until I read the description on superchargersonline.com 's website about a week a go.

NICE! But HOLY COW it sounds like a pain to change your blower belt! I wont make you feel bad talking about how easy my blower belt is to change...instead ill tell you about how it looks to be a nightmare to change my accessory belt! LOL

Oh yea, welcome to the 8 Rib club! Enjoy the newfound GRIP!

Unfortunatly I think mine is slipping a bit...but like you, my issues will be addressed, but with a 3.10 and snub idler :) This weekend if the plan holds up :D

Oh and did I mention we need some more highway pull videos? :D

NICE! But HOLY COW it sounds like a pain to change your blower belt! I wont make you feel bad talking about how easy my blower belt is to change...instead ill tell you about how it looks to be a nightmare to change my accessory belt! LOL

Oh yea, welcome to the 8 Rib club! Enjoy the newfound GRIP!

Unfortunatly I think mine is slipping a bit...but like you, my issues will be addressed, but with a 3.10 and snub idler :) This weekend if the plan holds up :D

Oh and did I mention we need some more highway pull videos? :D

Hehe I try to keep em coming on my youtube - and I wish my friend had been filming the two pulls before that...one was around this wicked sweeper 140+ rofl ;) But post that stuff on stangnet = :ban: It's really impossible to slip the way its setup now, the belt wrap is insane lmao...and the tension is incredible (1/16th of an inch away from maxing out the stocker when first fitting the belt lol). I envy your blower belt changing :( I have friends who can change their belts/pulleys at the track in their cobras, pisses me off :nonono: :rlaugh:

So benny, was the 423hp you have in you sig pre-intercoooler? Whats the history of your upgrades and power?

Yes.

364hp/357tq - 8psi (3.6" pulley, MPH 4" powerpipe), tb/plenum, stock manifolds, o/r x-pipe, magnaflow catback.

423hp/408tq - 11psi+ (3.33" pulley, powerpipe), LT's, borla catback, tb/plenum, o/r xpipe

404hp/390tq (I don't remember exact numbers on this one) - intercooled, 3.12" pulley/powerpipe, 10-10.5psi, magnaflow catback, LT's, tb/plenum o/r xpipe - MASSIVE BELT SLIP!

All of those were different dynos, so the numbers don't really mean much when compared to each other.

Damn, I need to get another car to drive to work so I can play more...

What 3.12" Pulley are you running? I have the RR no slip 3.2" (10PSI)Pulley and I have zero belt slip... BUT I have heard they are hard on belts..

The first time I break a belt and have to get towed home I am probably getting the 8 rib setup!

My numbers seem kind of low compared to everyone else :(

Damn, I need to get another car to drive to work so I can play more...

What 3.12" Pulley are you running? I have the RR no slip 3.2" (10PSI)Pulley and I have zero belt slip... BUT I have heard they are hard on belts..

The first time I break a belt and have to get towed home I am probably getting the 8 rib setup!

My numbers seem kind of low compared to everyone else :(

The 3.12" pulley was a Vortech 6-rib, I went cheap because I knew I was upgrading to 8-rib soon anyway. The 3.33" pulley I had is a RR no slip which NEVER slipped (hence the name, hah).

Don't put much into dyno numbers, trap speeds at the track will show you how much power you're making, and ET's how well you're putting it to the ground all around :nice:

Where did you get your tune from by the way? You can pull timing from the xcal2? Tim must have that blocked on the mongoose tune....

I have a mongoose tune, and yes I can pull/add timing and change WOT a/f by adding or subtracting fuel. E-mail or call MPH and have Tim send you a tune where the options are unlocked if you want. Sounds like the track you are going to sucks as far as track prep goes lol... Find a better one ;)