It put down WHAT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DocG2828 said:
Cobalt SS, Saturn Ion Redline, SRT-4, etc, etc. Just a phase of manufacturers catering to the ricer trend. Some of trying to bring back muscle...GTO, Charger, Camaro, Challenger, but they're killing it before they even start witht he prices of these freakin' cars. Seems like back in the 60's, muscle was popular to mod because it was cheap. Just like rice is cheap now.

Exactly - someone on a tight budget can't afford to buy or even insure a GTO. That's why ricers are so common. You can get 'em cheap and add racy plastic doodads as the paycheck will allow.

Way before they even had an official name of "sport compacts," I was in school with limited income and forced to drive a domestic subcompact. Even if I had found an incredible deal on a Mustang, my parents wouldn't let me drive one, :nono: afraid I'd ruin their insurance.

I simply HAD to make it go faster and look less boring. Due to its extremely light weight and being underestimated, it took out some very surprised Camaros and TransAms. Never got the chance to race a Mustang though - all the mods eventually fried the motor!

• Sponsors (?)

Back in my highschool days...which were about 12 years ago....me and my buddies all drove muscle cars as first cars....78 Camaro, 66 Ford Fairlane, 68 Mustang. They weren't pristine restored cars, but they were nice looking and ran well. And they were all bought for only $2-3k. It seems like nowadays you can't even buy a "muscle" car with an engine in it for that price.

oh and dont they hate it when you say "nice Cavalier"

...reminds me of when I pulled upto a SRT-4 and revved it and the middle aged guy said "do you know what this is?!" To which I replied "yeah, a Neon."
...ooo he got really mad.:jaw:

1965coupe said:
I would rather drive a pink V6 mustang before you GAVE me a cobalt..
#1 it's a chevy
#2 it's gay
#3 it's front drive
#4 it's a cobalt...

I think that's absurd. I think a s/c'd Cobalt SS would be a pretty fun car to screw around in. That being said, I'd take one over a V6 Mustang any day. Ion Redline, now that's a different story, that's any ugly P.O.S. Personally, I think it's time for Ford to up the ante with the GTs, 300 hp 4.6 is not cutting it anymore. And the V6 Mustangs needs the 3.5 DOHC V6 already.

DocG2828 said:
Back in my highschool days...which were about 12 years ago....me and my buddies all drove muscle cars as first cars....78 Camaro, 66 Ford Fairlane, 68 Mustang. They weren't pristine restored cars, but they were nice looking and ran well. And they were all bought for only $2-3k. It seems like nowadays you can't even buy a "muscle" car with an engine in it for that price.

If you do the math you can still get a decent looking "fast" car now for that money. 12 years ago, when you were in high school you were driving 18-20 year old cars... Fast forward to today and you can get a nice '86 mustang for about 2-3K and put some money in it to make a cool car...It can be done!!!:shrug:

big T said:
Fact of the matter is that ford needs to build a better entry level mustang gt. I mean 300hspwr is good, but the darn car weighs about 3500+lbs. Either cut weight out of the stangs or build a higher hspwr car. These rice burners and usa made 4/6 cyl's are equalling or beating stangs stock for stock. :nono:

+1

I've said it before, I've seen a Redline put down 220hp on the dyno. Those cars are underrated. Not to mention, factory FI cars are easier to mod...as far as bolt-ons are concerned. 4.6L 2V is 1999 technology. We now have Accords, Camrys, an hybrids making more horsepower.

02LaserRed2V said:
+1

I've said it before, I've seen a Redline put down 220hp on the dyno. Those cars are underrated. Not to mention, factory FI cars are easier to mod...as far as bolt-ons are concerned. 4.6L 2V is 1999 technology. We now have Accords, Camrys, an hybrids making more horsepower.
yea true that man factory FI cars are nuts just look at the srt4 they make crap loads of mods from mopar and can be made fast for cheap. But once you exceed id say 350whp then traction becomes an issue for them even with slicks.

A guy i know that had an srt4 had 420whp on c16 but could only run 12s with slicks. but when he sold the car he said he was gonna be a cobra(03-04) because he got owned by a mild bolt on one. lol

First of all, I couldn't possibly care less about the fwhp, how about the torque? And at what RPM? Then lets see how it's geared, and how much it weighs, then you guys can truly discuss the car. I don't care if the next model comes with a bi-turbo 20V near 3 liter 4 cyl with IC and 7 speed manual, cranking 450 tq at front wheels, it's still a goddamn cobalt.......it's still a cobalt.......it's still a cobalt.......it's still a cobalt........ worthless thread.

yawn

haters. i guess everyone would be happier to keep hearing hondas running around with fart cans than a little cavalier/cobalts with 03 cobra/lightning like blower whine. they are about the same price as a loaded civic but with a supercharger.....

and if you think they dont make any torque, read up before you **** out of your mouth. they are a pretty cool 4banger

You're extremely presumptuous, and you seem to get upset easily, however I know nothing of you, just an observation. I didn't say anything that would suggest they don't make good torque. I was simply making a statement. Take it as it is. I will admit I do not like the Cobalt, for a number of reasons, but in my own right, imho, look at the point of my post, not just it's composition. But if that offends you, sounds like your ego is a little too big. Relax. Anyways, I'm not the one comparing a FI/FWD SDN to a N/A V8 Coupe.
I'm not alone, not one magazine or website in existence would make such an observation. It's ignorant, in that they're two entirely different concepts .

Typical weak human, far too often the rules are set in opposition, however difficult it doesn't excuse ignorance.

QuickCapri83 said:
First of all, I couldn't possibly care less about the fwhp, how about the torque? And at what RPM? Then lets see how it's geared, and how much it weighs, then you guys can truly discuss the car. I don't care if the next model comes with a bi-turbo 20V near 3 liter 4 cyl with IC and 7 speed manual, cranking 450 tq at front wheels, it's still a goddamn cobalt.......it's still a cobalt.......it's still a cobalt.......it's still a cobalt........ worthless thread.

It has an eaton supercharge so torque comes on quick. In fact, the whole torque curve is very similar to a stock GT.

cobalt_dyno_session1.jpg

And so, as I posted, now the car can be fairly discussed. The mere HP of a car doesn't reflect it's behavior on a racetrack, or it's gas mileage, or, anything at all. As much as it looks like I'm hating the Cobalt, I didn't judge it, I simply said, consider everything, and then, discuss it, that is all. Anyways, I own a VR6 GTI, a MKIII, so it's not like I don't have knowledge or any kind of experience with the "type" of car. Though not very similar, I'll admit.

:SNSign:

QuickCapri83 said:
And so, as I posted, now the car can be fairly discussed. The mere HP of a car doesn't reflect it's behavior on a racetrack, or it's gas mileage, or, anything at all. As much as it looks like I'm hating the Cobalt, I didn't judge it, I simply said, consider everything, and then, discuss it, that is all. Anyways, I own a VR6 GTI, a MKIII, so it's not like I don't have knowledge or any kind of experience with the "type" of car. Though not very similar, I'll admit.

:SNSign:
i love internet intellectuals.....what a joke

And anyways, gimme in this order

1) A good lookin car
2) A fun car
3) A good lookin car that is also fun.
4) Your girlfriend giving me road head while in a fun, good lookin car.
5) Your girlfriend after plastic surgery giving me road head while in a fun good looking car.

I'd rather drive a fun car like the Cobalt SS or Redline than drive a V6 stang anyday. Other than looks, the V6 stang has nothing going for it, slo fo sho, and handles like a Zamboni.

Jackie Chan said:
i love internet intellectuals.....what a joke

Ignorance is bliss ehh?

There is absolutely no way to put the point I'd like to make into words, so I'll post this, and be done with this thread. I don't see why people need to be rude, why is it so necessary to be ignorant about things, even such simple things as posting in a thread on the internet with people you'll never know?..

View attachment 429166

Status
Not open for further replies.