Progress Thread Cobra Rack In...Still Have Steering Slop

• Sponsors (?)

This is probably the one you want:

mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg

So for some reason (I am a moron) I have a hard time figuring out these types of diagrams. This was me last night
billymadison.jpg

Then I after a few hours I started to figure it out

tumblr_lpt2aoECSh1qifsjko1_500.gif

The previous owner was even more of a moron than I was. I don't even know how the car ran, none of the lines were correct, there was no pcv valve, all the smog equipment was non functional and only 80% of it was capped. The dumbest thing was the pump was still hooked up and the stock belt was being used.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok first off I noticed there was no PCV valve on the back of the manifold.

Then there are some more weird caps that I don't know where they should go

One on the coolant pipe

IMAG0746.jpg

Then on the very back of the lower manifold

IMAG0744.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg

If some one could explain those to me and/or post a cobra intake diagram that would be awesome.

Hack job at bypassing the EGR coolant line.

Here are some more smog hacks that I am not sure of

This pipe I am holding on is connected to a tube on the H Pipe, I have no idea why.

IMAG0725.jpg

Directly underneath that pipe is an open ended hose which leads to this

IMAG0726(1).jpg

Which leads to the smog pump. Finally this line that is connected to the carbon canister is supposed to connect to the manifold somewhere correct?

IMAG0711.jpg

Sorry for all the questions. When I get the new engine in I want it running right and I don't want the engine bay to look hack. I guess I need to find a write up on properly deleting smog since most of the work has been done. Thanks or all the replies so far.

First hose is from the Cat Mid pipe the connects to you thermactor setup. There will be a hose coming off the bottom that if your smog equipment is hooked up goes back to the cats to cool them. That is the purpose of the smog pump. I suspect given that and the other hacked hoses your cats are either gutted, removed or melted.

Second hose is for the thermactor hoses- again part of the smog equimpent- one solenoid is to dump the air to the H pipe and the other is from the smog pump. They are operated by vacuum pressure and the connector in the passenger side rear tower.

The cannister vacuum line should be connected to manifold vacuum. It helps to purge the gases from the tank. It operates off a solenoid mounted on the passenger inner fenderwell. The other hose off the cannister goes back to the gas tank.

Now i'm hungry... :drool:

I have the same headers. I havn't had any issues with them yet and they have been on for several years. Car sat for many years with them on too. I love the way my car sounds mixed with the flowmaster american thunder. Performance is good too as far as I can tell. Dyno went better than expected but I didn't have a bench mark to start with except stock everything numbers.

I have the same headers. I havn't had any issues with them yet and they have been on for several years. Car sat for many years with them on too. I love the way my car sounds mixed with the flowmaster american thunder. Performance is good too as far as I can tell. Dyno went better than expected but I didn't have a bench mark to start with except stock everything numbers.

I have same exhaust too with a bbk off road H. I know it is so played out but I really do love the sound flowmasters, and since my car isn't a daily driver I get to avoid the drone zone.

Reactions: 1 user
Picking up a donor motor for my car tomorrow morning. Best part is the price, traded one of my guitars and some old army gear for a running long block. Owner said it had 130k. It is going right to the machine shop in the afternoon for a rebuild. Now I have to figure out what combo I want to run. New thread coming soon.