It's amazing how clean the old 5.0 can make 465rwhp look.......

• Sponsors (?)

Very clean engine bay. Hopefully mine will look like that one day. Where did you tap he power and ground wires for you box in? One of the ugliest things in my engine bay is the battery terminal cables because I've got an electric fan, MSD box, and powermaster alternator running to it. Kinda scares me to be honest.

Very clean engine bay. Hopefully mine will look like that one day. Where did you tap he power and ground wires for you box in? One of the ugliest things in my engine bay is the battery terminal cables because I've got an electric fan, MSD box, and powermaster alternator running to it. Kinda scares me to be honest.

I ran the power wire over to the starter solonoid terminal. The ground wire I just grounded over near the MSD box. No issues.

Looks great! I have a very similar setup... no dyno #s yet.. just curious, what are you gapping your plugs at? And what base timing are you starting at? Stock cam?

My plugs are gapped at .035

I have the timing set at 10 degrees with the spout out.

And the best part, all this with a STOCK cam....well I am cheating a little with the 1.7 Cobra RR's......

Total sleeeeeper!! Nice setup!

I didn't have the sleeper idea in mind when I started working on it, but it has turned out to be a sleeper. I get alot of people who think it just has some nice wheels on it with nothing under the hood. With the stock cam, it is hard to tell anything has been done to it.

It has surprised alot of the S197 Mustangs too.......:nice:

Wow, just wow. That is beautiful, I dont like Fox Verts but I would gladly drive thatthing. Your engine is beautiful. With that power and the weight of a Fox.... I would of been suprised running you and seeing your tail lights too :eek: :nice: :hail2:

Only thing I would add is to paint the bumper support brackets black as well :D

One thing that stands out that i think would be better if changed, is if you could somehow smooth out the blower and intake pipe and have them coated to match the intake...that'd look really good.

One thing that stands out that i think would be better if changed, is if you could somehow smooth out the blower and intake pipe and have them coated to match the intake...that'd look really good.

Yes, I agree. I wished I would have went with the polished Vortech. I think it would have looked better. I have thought about getting the polished Vortech discharge tube and seeing how that would look.

I could send the discharge tube and the powerpipe off to get it powdercoated to match the intake. I have thought about this also......