It's Been 14 Years Since I've Been On Here!

BlackHorse14

Jul 9, 2014
Hello everyone -- so I just realized how old I was getting when I realized it was 14 years ago that I used to wander around these parts (under a different screen name). I just re-joined the Mustang family and figured I'd get connected with some folks like you who know way more about these awesome cars than I do.

A little background -- feel free to call me James.

My first car was a white '90 5.0. My second car was a black '88 5.0 (supercharged). Then I decided to get more sophisticated and upgrade from that death rocket to a black Infinity G35 6spd coupe. Then, I started a family and went German. And a month ago, it was time to go back to my roots:

IMG_1999.JPG

Details:
-2014 Black (duh) V6 manual
-premium, black interior
-performance package

Never in a million years did I think I'd get a V6 Mustang -- but I also never imagined they'd be spitting out 305HP and fantastic MPG.

I looked all over the country for this specific model -- and only found two (new) available. I flew up with my best friend to the Michigan dealership (while my awesome wife stayed at home with my little boy). Picked it up, then drove it to the NC mountains (ie Blue Ridge Parkway) for the next 3 days -- breaking it in on the mountain roads. Then, drove it home to boring (and flat) Florida. It was quite an experience and I really really dig this car.

Thanks for letting me share -- and I'll def. upload more pictures I grabbed.

-James

• Sponsors (?)

Great to know, thank you.

It would be awesome to find my old car pics but I'm guessing the forums have been upgraded a few times since 2000. Ha!

I searched my old screen name and could only pull one particular post.

Great to know, thank you.

It would be awesome to find my old car pics but I'm guessing the forums have been upgraded a few times since 2000. Ha!

I searched my old screen name and could only pull one particular post.
I'm a bit of a nostalgic SOB and would be happy to do a little digging to see what can be brought back from way-back-when. PM me about it if u like.

Wow - 14 year vet! Welcome back to the folds. I spent a few years off of here and rejoined last month - actually a month ago today was when I took delivery of my Mustang! That's a gorgeous car, though! The rims and louvers look perfect with it. Also, hello from another Floridian!

Reactions: 1 user