Its christams all over again **pics**

• Sponsors (?)

Well, after a whole afternoon of fighting a losing battle with a stubborn bolt, I gave up for today. It was getting cold and dark, which didn't help things either. The nuts came off fine but the bolt that slides through the LCA on the axle side seems to be seized to the inner sleeve. I could have gotten it out using some sort of C-clamp or a puller but I could not find mine. I did get the new pinion snubber on however, and found out the old one was no longer attached to the car. It had ripped-off of the bracket somehow. No wonder my driveshaft's been hitting the floorpan :bang:
I'm gonna leave them for the time being and try to do them using a hoist instead. So the plan of action for tomorrow is to get the headers installed... which could also suck just as much, not so much for getting the new ones on, but getting the friggin huge equal-length ones out of the engine bay.

Aaron man - any luck uploading the video?

BTW: My quad shocks were rubbing with these wheels/tires, so I took them off. I might also have to roll my fender lip, but I'm not sure if they're rubbing there yet. I'll find out soon enough...

BTW: My quad shocks were rubbing with these wheels/tires, so I took them off. I might also have to roll my fender lip, but I'm not sure if they're rubbing there yet. I'll find out soon enough...

you don't want to find out...it'll cut the **** out of your tires as soon as you hit a pothole big enough. I need to roll mine also...so maybe we can convince aaron to do his too and we can figure something out that's cost effective (my tires are sliced beyond repair btw)

you don't want to find out...it'll cut the **** out of your tires as soon as you hit a pothole big enough. I need to roll mine also...so maybe we can convince aaron to do his too and we can figure something out that's cost effective (my tires are sliced beyond repair btw)

haha, mine's getting done with the body work, my tires are DESTROYED!

Stephane, there was an error with uploading the vid....I might throw it onto my memory stick thingy and then you can try it yourself...just so you know, your car sounds pretty insane when you came onto it

new sexy pics

Well today was supposed to be sunny and warm but turned-out to be couldy and cold. So the rest of the new parts are still sitting in the garage waiting for thier new home. I did however get it out and sined the car up real nice, so I took more pics to whoar-off the new wheels :D

IMGP1901.jpg

IMGP1898.jpg

IMGP1897.jpg

IMGP1896.jpg

IMGP1890.jpg

I'm in love with that last pic :drool:

Well after driving the car more I noticed the only rubbing occurs on the passenger side when I hit a bump making a left-hand turn. Its only done it 3-4 times so far. I'll have to assume its the fender lip rubbing but I'm not sure as there is still no evidence on the fender or the tires (thankfully). I think a little adjustment on the fender lip with a baseball bat (as per Aaron's suggestion) ought to do the trick.

No rubbing whatsoever with the 275's on the front, even at full-lock and hitting bumps. the car does trammel (sp?) more on the highway though, but I'll probably get used to it.

Attachments

• IMGP1901.jpg
    IMGP1901.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMGP1898.jpg
    IMGP1898.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMGP1897.jpg
    IMGP1897.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 54
  • IMGP1896.jpg
    IMGP1896.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 58
  • IMGP1890.jpg
    IMGP1890.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 51
the rubbing is probably not on the outer part of the fender, but on the inner fender...this happened to me with my nittos over the summer, so i took the tires off and beat in the inner fender with a hammer and had no rubbing after that...

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and yes that makes alot more sense. Is there anything behind the rear fender that I should be worried about? I don't mind beating with a hammer on a part of the car that will not be seen from the outside :D

sweet! :nice: sometimes i wish i would have waited for 17s.

so did u get the uca/lca's in yet? ive yet to put in my uppers. doesnt look like fun. lemme know how it goes.

Alas, no. I tried yesterday to take-off the old LCA's but I spent the better part of the afternoon beeting on one goddamn bolt that would not come out. The nuts came off fine but there was no way in hell that the bolt was gonna slide out of the steel sleeve in the contorl arm on the axle side. Then it got cold (the front of the car was protruding out of the open garage door) so I gave up and slapped everything back together. I went out today and bought a huge C-clamp, and I'll use it to press-out that bolt using a large socket over the hex side. Hopefully this week, on a hoist instead. I didn't even have time to attack the uppers, I want to do the lowers first. The uppers don't look too bad, but looks can be deceiving :bang:
I'll update this thread as I go along with all the installs so stay tuned :rolleyes:

car looks great! :nice:

if you ever replace the top go with a black one :nice:

I agree. The darker wheels make the car look more sinister, and a black top would help even more in this department. Unfortunately the top is only about 3 years old (previous owner installed it). So I'll have to wait until I have a good chunk of money to waste.

I want to tint my taillights too and maybe paint the bezels black. Some 3" chrome tips would look more suiting as my Mac 2.5" one look dwarfed behind the huge meats.

Yup. DFG FTMFW indeed.
Best time to photograph this color car is at dusk or dawn, when all of the shades in the paint show themselves, from bright metallic green to almost black. I love it.
It was cloudy yesterday though, making the car look really dark.