Its Getting OOHHH so much closer :D (tons of pics)

invertmast

Founding Member
Dec 12, 2001
North Port, FL
Heres some updated pics of the new longblock mocked up in the engine compartment temporariily. I'm waiting on my MPH custom grind turbo cams to get here, then the motor comes back out to have those installed. Meanwhile, i've been busy mocking everything up, checking clearances on the headers, and getting ready to start fabbing up the the hot and cold section for the T-70 turbo..

So here's some pictures:

View attachment 405311
View attachment 405313
View attachment 405315
View attachment 405317
View attachment 405319
View attachment 405321
View attachment 405323

LongBlock before install:
View attachment 405325
View attachment 405327
View attachment 405329
View attachment 405331
View attachment 405333
View attachment 405335
View attachment 405337
View attachment 405339

Turbo:
View attachment 405341
View attachment 405343

Intercooler = 31"x12"x3" w 3" inlet and outlet. It BARELY fits between the bumper supports on the front of the car (about a 1/4" of clearance)
View attachment 405345

• Sponsors (?)

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice....

:) it really is as nice as it looks.. LOTS of aluminum... those damn headers are getting in the way tho :( i think its going to be a royal pain to plumb...

LOL.. damn im gettin hungry now. You should see it now, I got some of my left over bends and did some cutting and mocking up, and its going to be a REALLY easy kit to fab up. Still gonna be some heat issues around the rack boots, but it wont be bad at all :D

Loks awsome man!

And I can tell you form first hand experiance....you better hold on, because your in for one heck of a ride! :D

2 questions though

1. is your oil filter going to be like SUPER close to the header? Or is it just the pic haha.

2. how are you going to bend the pipe to clear the R&P arms/rubber?

Nope.. the oil filter wont clear, so i'm running a Oil Filter relocation kit..

The piping will clear the R&P boots perfectly as long as i do an immediate turn and go straight ahead towards the car.

There's actually a bit more room there than it appears, in the pictures.

I'll just be glad to get this thing done. If i could of found twin 57mm turbo's though, i would of went that way. Can you Email me the specs on yours?

Cool deal! Thanks for the reply and good luck!

I dont mind saying them here :nice:

Specs as advertised:

50 A/R COMPRESSOR

.63 A/R TURBINE

.57 COMPRESSOR WHEEL TRIM

Turbine Wheel: Exducer 2.48" / Mayor :2.89"
Compressor Wheel : exducer :2.07" / Mayor 2.36"

The exhaust wheel has been clipped too for added topend performance (stg 3 I assume since it seems common...they just didnt say) . From what I have seen, both combined can support closer to 900RWHP when pushed....although ill never go that far LOL

Cool deal! Thanks for the reply and good luck!

I dont mind saying them here :nice:

Specs as advertised:

50 A/R COMPRESSOR

.63 A/R TURBINE

.57 COMPRESSOR WHEEL TRIM

Turbine Wheel: Exducer 2.48" / Mayor :2.89"
Compressor Wheel : exducer :2.07" / Mayor 2.36"

The exhaust wheel has been clipped too for added topend performance (stg 3 I assume since it seems common...they just didnt say) . From what I have seen, both combined can support closer to 900RWHP when pushed....although ill never go that far LOL

Thx.. how much did you pay for those 2? I was originally wanting to go twins, just never could find a pair of turbo's that do what i needed..

Thx.. how much did you pay for those 2? I was originally wanting to go twins, just never could find a pair of turbo's that do what i needed..

Well I felt the same way. TTs were just WAY too expencive, and single wasnt for me (I LOVE my exhaust) ...so I was just looking around on ebay and come accross them.
Payed $259 each I believe haha. It was like $560 shipped I THINK. When I saw that...I went and talked to my dad and said "hey, found 2 57MM turbos for $500...you up for the challenge?" He said something like "Go for it :nice: " . SO thus the 7 month project :lol: .