Its Not a stang question but its Ford..

rabidscoobie

10 Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
College Station,TX
My wifes 2001 taurus ac controls seem to be acting up.The ac works fine since I replaced it all but the fan control only works on high setting.If you select any other control the fan goes off.

Any ideas as to what it could be?Im not familiar with whats behind the dash...:(

I dont think it matter but about 3 weeks ago I replaced the compressor,orifice tube, and dryer/accum.

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like the culprits are the resistors which control the fan speed(the highest setting bypasses the resistors so.......that explains why it will work on high). That said you can either just replace the resistor "module"(this could be a gamble if the actual problem is with the wiring) -or- i would recommend tracing the electrical circuit and verify good wiring from switch to resistors and then when you are all finished :Track: and post up your times.:D

It sounds like the culprits are the resistors which control the fan speed(the highest setting bypasses the resistors so.......that explains why it will work on high). That said you can either just replace the resistor "module"(this could be a gamble if the actual problem is with the wiring) -or- i would recommend tracing the electrical circuit and verify good wiring from switch to resistors and then when you are all finished :Track: and post up your times.:D

Thx for the help,I forgot about that part.

As for the track might need to soon,they just re-opened our 1/8th mile track,for the 1/4 Id need to drive abot 1 1/2 to Houston...:(