It's official!! Chepie's going in for a new top!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
Yes, fans, the cheapest person on STANGNET (me) has finally cracked his wallet, and has put down a deposit and set a date for the dirty deed! Feb 2, Chepie dissappears for a few weeks. Then I'll re-do the weatherstripping, and new rugs.

Funny thing is, this is probably the most money I have ever spent on the car at one time, except for buying it!!!

I'll post as it goes...

• Sponsors (?)

dan we must have many before and after pics, so we can all get a good laugh at that old top LOL. oh yeah and some color pics of underhood would be nice too, since all i got to see were the black and white ones in mustang illustrated. oh and detailed write-up of the weatherstrip install. which weatherstrip did you decide to go with by the way? well good luck and let us know when it's time for the 24 beer salute to the old top. you know when you get all this stuff done you're not going to want to sell it, right.

Top and parts

Sure, I'll take lots of pics before the car goes!

I am stll shopping for the weatherstripping, I have not bought it yet. I will also have to re-align windows too! Lot's of work to do!!

Trying to find the trim is impossible!!

Cost wise, the top and Labor will be about $1000 plus any unforseen costs, which pop up once the old top is removed. I'll send up two disposable cameras with the car, and hopefully get some pics taken during the work. Car will be gone approx two weeks.

Once all done, I'm going to super clean and detail the car, and get it ready to sell:( (Kit Cobra Next)

I'll post an engine shot soon, I have one somewhere.....

Originally posted by MustSuzi
A pretty car deserves a pretty top. Glad to see that you are finally breaking down but it will make you feel better too:nice: Don't forget the pics when she is done.

Originally posted by 65stanger
Gotta post pix!!! I always like seeing a pretty girl topless!!!:D

Originally posted by MustSuzi
Blue Fuzzy, Are we talking about the car or ???????:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Originally posted by 65stanger
:D :D :D :D :D

Maybe if you break this down barney style il understand..... :scratch:

-gbm-

SHE'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and not a minute too soon to save this thread...

She's gone!!!!!

At least for two weeks!!! Dropped it off today, she's in good hands with a guy who know's how to peel off her top, piece by piece, until she has nothing to show exept her bare undersides!!!:lol: (wow, I sound almost as bad as the closet gang!!!)

here are some pics to show how bad it really was. I can't beleive I put up with it for this long, but life got complicted for a while, now great!!!

I've given the upholstery shop two disposable cameras, so hopefully i'll get some 'During" shots, which I'll post here. Also just ordered a new weatherstripping kit, rugs, door handles to finish the interior re-do...

You'll see it here first!

Status
Not open for further replies.