It's official!! Chepie's going in for a new top!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Originally posted by 65stanger
Maybe not....but they sure do make better reading than alot of the other stuff posted in the last few days.........:puke:

I know. They're fun and I enjoy just talking about nothing in particular, but have you read the Is Stangnet done for thread? It seems like a lot of people are really against threads like this. Although I enjoy them, I can kinda understand why some are against them - when you bump it, it does knock someone's legit thread off the front page and lowers the likelyhood that their question will be answered.

That being said, maybe it's time to start begging for a talk section again?

-Chelle

Don't even get me started with the whole Classic talk section again. :nonono: If we are the only section that doesn't merit one, than we should be allowed to go off topic here. The level of intolerance on this matter is what led to my taking leave for months in the first place.

The best solution is obviously a seperate talk section to make everyone with a 2 bit opinion happy here, but if that's not an option than either we are going to have to remain with nothing but tech talk (which is limited and boring sometimes) pr we all going to have to start getting along. I'll be the first one to say that why I too enjoy off topic threads with my PEERS, the rampant thread hijacking is not helping anyone who wants to keep off topics running freely. (You guys know who you are). If everyone would agree to stop the hijacking and stick to off topic subjects on off topic threads only, I think we all get along.

Hey Pak!! Get to work!!!

Actually, I do agree with Pak on this one, as also with 'Chelle.

I too enjoy some fun with the occasional hi-jacking of a thread (like this one!!). As long as the hi-jacking is not rampant, let it be. enjoy the fun of it! Just keep the serious threads as dry and technical as possible! Moderation is the key.

and Pak, I gave you your homework assignment last night!! Get to work, or I'll tattle on you!!!

Originally posted by Pakrat
Don't even get me started with the whole Classic talk section again. :nonono: If we are the only section that doesn't merit one, than we should be allowed to go off topic here. The level of intolerance on this matter is what led to my taking leave for months in the first place.

The best solution is obviously a seperate talk section to make everyone with a 2 bit opinion happy here, but if that's not an option than either we are going to have to remain with nothing but tech talk (which is limited and boring sometimes) pr we all going to have to start getting along. I'll be the first one to say that why I too enjoy off topic threads with my PEERS, the rampant thread hijacking is not helping anyone who wants to keep off topics running freely. (You guys know who you are). If everyone would agree to stop the hijacking and stick to off topic subjects on off topic threads only, I think we all get along.

i think everyone of us here would respect someones wishes if they asked for some seriousness to be takin with regards to there thread..... just like in your starting problems thread... you set the bbfcm straight and that was that...... i see no problems with the way it goes around here.........:canflag: :flag:

-gbm-

charlies said:
i see. and how does one 'bump' a topic?
You just post in it. The threads are arranged on the first page of the forum according to which one has the most recent post. When you "bump" a thread, you're just posting in it so it will show up at the top of the list.

For example, when you posted in this thread, you bumped it from like page 30 or so (it's a REALLY old thread) to the first page.

-Chelle

What's A Bump?!?!?!

charlies said:
i know this is kinda o/t but what's a bump?

It is when someone (like you) :rolleyes: posts a reply on a stale and crusty thread (like this one) :nonono: and it moves all the way back up to the top of the first page from whatever dark and musty corner it was relegated to....
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:doh:Now I've gone and done it again!:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.