It's Time! (fastdriver's New Progress Thread)

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by FastDriver, Sep 27, 2012.

1. FastDriver

FastDriver Mod Dude

Here's what the front will look like, except black with a running pony in the grille.

Attached Files:

2. RacEoHolic330

RacEoHolic330 I like to dress like a pretty girl SN Certified Technician

I approve of that. The saleen front end is probably my favorite.
    Grabbin' Asphalt likes this.
  3. Ford Moore

Ford Moore Member

OK I wouldn't say neglected for that long your car was in my garage and both of mine were in the drive way. That being said I know what you mean anyway. Someone else is going to have to sway him this time. I have tried and failed. I can only hope getting my car running and tuned this week at Amazon will sway him. I want you to finish this thing you started it and have gotten so far spent so much time and money it has to be a toy ASAP. I know you got **** but don't take it out on the next guy you pick. I understand your frustration but people like your Rick and my Rick have so much experience, knowledge and demand you must be patient and understand your place in line. Understand that people bring them basket case cars that no one else can fix and then get ****y because of their own past problems. I have been through the looking glass now the time these people have is limited. If a tuner doesn't get right back to you or misses a dead line maybe someone brought him a work of art instead of a race ready car that just needs a tune. The best thing for you is you know it has issues and won't question the tuners integrity over issues. You have found your own subject matter expert to finish the car and do a better job than you or I could do in the amount of time they can. We don't have the expertise, experience, and decades of data these men have. If I had your car still I would give it to my guy and take my hands off the wheel. The last thing you need is someone telling you how to be A ARMY RANGER BAD ASS. The same applies your tuner. You picked him because you feel he is the best at what he does. Just let go and let him do his thing or I will get it and drop it off here and bill you.

P.S. Don't kick my ass I love ya bro.
  4. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

Did I know you were a Ranger, Chris? So basically you know how to kill me six different ways before I finish a fart.
  5. FastDriver

FastDriver Mod Dude

I may have made a post when I came back from Ranger school years ago, but I don't wear that stuff on my sleeve.
  6. 89stang1

89stang1 Stroked and Juiced

well chris whatever you end up doing with your car best of luck with it bro! you definitely deserve some good car luck .............................for a change!
  7. FastDriver

FastDriver Mod Dude

Thanks, John.
  8. FastDriver

FastDriver Mod Dude

Blowing the dust off of this old thread. Removed the negativity from this thread (mine), and I've worked something out with Rick. I don't know where my comfort level is in terms of how much will be done, but I'm sure I'd like to see phase 1 done and out of the way.
  9. 89stang1

89stang1 Stroked and Juiced

glad to hear this buddy!! let progress begin your car deserves it ...so do you
  10. HotFox

HotFox Active Member

Hmm seen you mention Rick in another thread glad you worked it out or whatever. Been meaning to ask about that any how. When does he get the car?

Scott
  11. FastDriver

FastDriver Mod Dude

Not sure yet. Possibly some time before the middle of October.
  12. FastDriver

FastDriver Mod Dude

I guess I was wrong. I decided not to spaz out like last time when I was pretty clear I like timely communication and expectation. I called it off last time for this very reason. Once again, I'm calling it off. Rick won't be my man, and I will not reach out to him again.

The last message we discussed a timeline in was on 17 September when he sent, "Yes I was[waiting to reply until I had a better idea of when I can come pick up the car]. I'll have a better feel once this current car is gone which should be mid next week. Then I'll pick a few dates and we'll firm one up."

Previous to that was this on 9 September, "I have a few projects to finish up but they'll all be done around months end beginning on Oct..nothing major lined up next month."
  13. David Pepiton

David Pepiton Active Member

14. TOOLOW91

TOOLOW91 Mustang Master

I dont know whats up maybe he is just swamped? i have spoken to him on the phone before and he went out of his way to reach out to me and i wasn't even having him do any of the work. I havent seen him on here in a bit though
  15. A5literMan

A5literMan Mustang Master

That's unfortunate. I hate to see this happen for you personally and for a sponsor on stangnet especially rick because he seems like a good guy and has offered a lot to the forum.
    stangboy likes this.
  16. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

I do think Rick's business is very up and down. Must be up right now. Sucks to hear there is another setback on the turbo car!
  17. FastDriver

FastDriver Mod Dude

Maybe I wouldn't be so sensitive to it if I hadn't gotten back a half-assed incomplete car after a blank check and 18 months at the previous shop. I just can't stand the lack of communication. Give a guy an expectation and at least follow up with him if you can't meet it. It really pains me to write this, because I've never seen anything but positive info and happy customers of Rick. I'm either not getting the same treatment, for whatever reason, or others don't mind the long wait and lack of communication.
  18. A5literMan

A5literMan Mustang Master

I understand your frustration. This seems to be fairly common with shops anymore. I personally wouldn't mind a little extra wait time and lack of communication if I got quality work from them(extra time is defined differently by the individual). Example my uncle is restoring a 57 Chevy. Initially the shop said Oct-Nov. now they told him "spring". So that could be anytime in the next 6 months after having the car for 6 months already. They all are eager to get the down payment and tend to over book. But they did communicate with him.
  19. Grabbin' Asphalt

Grabbin' Asphalt Mustang Master

20. HotFox

HotFox Active Member

Funny you always here about the big HP or show car awards to back up the quality of work from the customers. But never here them complain about how long it took to complete, when everything comes back top notch.

I run a small race engine building business on the side, I keep it small to maintain the quality but most jobs take longer then expected to be done right...I do try my best to keep my customer in the loop on progress though. My moto is "if it was mine how would I build it".

Scott
    TOOLOW91 and RangerJoe like this.