Its Time for some Boost, help me get started...

• Sponsors (?)

Novi 2000 would be the clear winner.... There are also a few prochargers out there that might be worth looking at since they come with an i/c....restrictive but an i/c nonetheless....

In your case, in terms of price...the procharger D1-SC setup comes with an intercooler for about the same price as a Novi 2000, and may be the better choice.

But with the novi 2000 mongoose kit, just call up Tim and tell him that you want (X) intercooler they sell with a pipeing kit along with your novi. Then it will all come at one time and you could install the whole set all at once, just like the procharger. But I would expect it to cost around $5000...but you also get Tims tune and a great fuel pump :hail2: .

I should be in the 440's or a little more since my longtube install. I plan on getting an 8 rib setup to eliminate my belt slip, and up the boost to 15 psi. Then see how close I can get to 500 with stock cams heads and intake and an little strim. I would love a novi 2000 big blower. But I do have almost 40 k on my strim and it still works great so I can't complain.

After reading alot and seeing several prochargers in action. IMO the procharger is a good choice if your going to keep the boost down. ie 9psi or so. They seem to have more issues when the boost gets turned up.
The novi 2000 doesn't seem to suffer from that. They work well at lower boost levels and shine at higher boost levels.

OT question Ricky...but how do you like your aluminum flywheel? Harder to take off? I just put that and a spec stg 3 clucth in...but cant test it out until the entire turbo setup is done.

Not sure how it keeps metal from getting in the pan...but I would definatly drain the oil afterwards.

Rickyll7 said:
Flywheel is awsome... not sure why you would think it would be hard to take off. The engine does rev faster, but it also slows faster as their is less rotating mass.

Great, glad to hear....thanks. I heard its takes more gas/RPM to take off, because there is less rotational mass to help keep the engine spinning while the clutch is engauging (energy transfer...basically there is less energy stored in a lightweight flywheel). SO I was wondering if you could feel any difference....but I guess not. Thats great :)

im going through tim at mpf for the novi and intercooler. im hopeing that he will eliminate the things i dont need from his mongoose novi kit(tuns, ex cal, focus pump) and lower the price.....then i will buy the intercooler from him seperately. im trying to do the same thing as you and dont need certain parts. call tim since you will be doing it before me and see what he can do for you. let me know if he will work on the price of the things you dont need.

hotmustang, yea i have to get a ton of cash together for this. prolly take me longer then i think to do this with all the extra parts. gaskets, bolts, labor costs.

im hopeing during summer i can buy the blower, intercooler, vt sportsman shortblock, gastets... then i will have to save a couple grand for labor :(

ill get it in smetime next year though.:nice:

^ :scratch: who said that?

Ahhh 03 ghost stang....Ricky, you should click the "quote" at the bottom of the post that you want to reply to ....that way they know your talking to them. Unless your post is right under theirs, like so. :)

ADRENLN said:
hotmustang, yea i have to get a ton of cash together for this. prolly take me longer then i think to do this with all the extra parts. gaskets, bolts, labor costs.

im hopeing during summer i can buy the blower, intercooler, vt sportsman shortblock, gastets... then i will have to save a couple grand for labor :(

Man, IMO you should just put it togethor with the stock motor @ 8PSI. Im sure it would last quite a while if you keep the RPMs to <6K and have Tim tune it :D . Sure would be on the road MUCH sooner, and since its not your DD that motor would last a LONG time. But if you wait, it would have some INSANE power. :nice:

Im not too patient with my car being down LOL, I miss mine SOOO much right now :( . SO I guesss it depends on your patience level :D . Good luck either way mang!

ADRENLN said:
im going through tim at mpf for the novi and intercooler. im hopeing that he will eliminate the things i dont need from his mongoose novi kit(tuns, ex cal, focus pump) and lower the price.....then i will buy the intercooler from him seperately. im trying to do the same thing as you and dont need certain parts. call tim since you will be doing it before me and see what he can do for you. let me know if he will work on the price of the things you dont need.

what do you mean by "roll it out"?