I've Decided To Build A 351/400

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455152448.169998.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455152454.704992.jpg

Like I said .....

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

• Sponsors (?)

I will ask the questions tonight of saving the money and just getting a 351 from junkyard and stroking it to get a 400 vs the Dart big bore. I know he alread explained it but with all that knowledge and me not knowing that much before, I heard him but didn't quite hear everything lol. Through all the discussion here I most certainly know a heck of a whole lot. He definitely takes the time to answer text and calls, ect but that's why I come here also to familiarize myself. I know people say to read up read up and I do that also. Nothing like having someone break it down for you.

Reactions: 1 user
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455152448.169998.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455152454.704992.jpg

Like I said .....

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
302 with 4.125 crank still will equal at the most a 347 huh? Only good thing about that is being able to use all of my accesories and not having to buy that bracket that the 351 would need. But I am pretty sure it will either be a 351 from JY or a 351 dart

I will ask the questions tonight of saving the money and just getting a 351 from junkyard and stroking it to get a 400 vs the Dart big bore. I know he alread explained it but with all that knowledge and me not knowing that much before, I heard him but didn't quite hear everything lol. Through all the discussion here I most certainly know a heck of a whole lot. He definitely takes the time to answer text and calls, ect but that's why I come here also to familiarize myself. I know people say to read up read up and I do that also. Nothing like having someone break it down for you.
If you go the stock block route 351 block . 408 stroker , 10:1 compression . 205-225 alum head .

Custom grind cam . Case closed 500 hp motor on pump gas id say or close to it

If you go the stock block route 351 block . 408 stroker , 10:1 compression . 205-225 alum head .

Custom grind cam . Case closed 500 hp motor on pump gas id say or close to it

yes that's what he recommended also if i went that route pretty much.
Now he did say there would be a difference in using a stock block 351 and using a longer crank to achieve the same thing that using the Dart big bore and a shorter crank. Said that the big bore with shorter crank would definitely produce more torque and hp if I am quoting him correctly. I know at least more torque.

Now questions will be how much money of a difference in torque and hp for the money i will save if went stock 351

To my understanding you can order the dart just like you can order a boss block where they start with a 4.000 bore . Or you can order the big bore version which the bore starts at 4.125 . Don't quote me on that but I believe that's how it works .

Correct.

Now he did say there would be a difference in using a stock block 351 and using a longer crank to achieve the same thing that using the Dart big bore and a shorter crank. Said that the big bore with shorter crank would definitely produce more torque and hp if I am quoting him correctly. I know at least more torque.

Now questions will be how much money of a difference in torque and hp for the money i will save if went stock 351

If you go 351 block, you don't need a dart unless you are shooting for 1000 hp. Period. You can save all that money and build a wicked stock block stroked 351 based engine......

keep in mind... if you build a stock block 351w now, you likely wont be able to move your internals to a dart block later. Most, if not all (not sure) run cleveland mains, and your windsor crank wont fit.

keep in mind... if you build a stock block 351w now, you likely wont be able to move your internals to a dart block later. Most, if not all (not sure) run cleveland mains, and your windsor crank wont fit.
gotcha gotcha and definitely will consider all of that and keep that in mind. Only changes I see probably wanting to do down the road is a SC and so might have it setup for that just in case; but not sure

8.2 is the deck width of the block . 9.5 is the deck width of a 351 hence why you'd need a new manifold if you went 351 either way.

Stock 351 and 302 bore is 4.000 if I remember correctly . You can get a dart shp with that that bore size or in a 4.125 big bore which is what I have and that's how you'd get to the 363 .

And I am most deff a giants fan

That is incorrect.

The number is a reference of deck height from the center of the main. To the head mating surface.

That is incorrect.

The number is a reference of deck height from the center of the main. To the head mating surface.
Learn something new everyday . I stand corrected . Either way the intake in turn is bigger .

Learn something new everyday . I stand corrected . Either way the intake in turn is bigger .

Too much confusion already here,...don't need to add to an already murky water.

Seriously,...as long as people answer, the same questions are gonna come back around,......and around, and around..... It's the freakin twilight zone!!!

And you're all trapped inside.

I'm out of this one.

Reactions: 2 users

Seriously,...as long as people answer, the same questions are gonna come back around,......and around, and around..... It's the freakin twilight zone!!!

I'm out of this one.
I'm with you . Thanks for the education on the deck stuff .

I'm out of this one.
Nope. It's when something is understood and explained to where someone actually know what's being said that there's no more explanation needed. I appreciate all that doesn't mind explaining. After all no one knows everything and mos't aren't afraid to ask questions.