Ive Done Everything I Can Do, Its All Up To The Dyno Shop Now.

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Took the Mustang down to Protree Performance in N.H today for them to weld in the cats and fit the catback system and do the tune. The lower intake needs to be redone again it was blowing oil out the back the whole way down. I dont think I have a good enough bead of RVT on the back. Other then that the drive down went really well. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I had only taken short trips a few miles around my house and back for some test drives after the rebuild, today's trip was 2hrs and 30 mins. Of course every knock and weird noise I thought it was the engine coming apart but it was just paranoia lol. The shop is on vacation the first week of July, my vacation starts july 11th and he said it should be all done by then so the tentative dyno day is July 11th at this point.

• Sponsors (?)

Good Luck.

I've never had that bead of RTV trick work. I buy an extra set of stock replacement felpro gaskets just to get the 2 OEM style rubber seals that go in those locations. That seals every time. You still have to put a little RTV on it, but it's not totally dependent on that soft RTV to seal.

Kurt

I use good goop of red Permatex high heat RTV front and rear (no gaskets). I done even use a gasket on the Water Pump housing too, I use the same RTV.

Are they going to do the lower intake again while they have it or let it rip with the oil blowing out?

If you have MLS head gaskets on they do not come all the way up to the deck surface and leave a small gap which will spew oil everywhere.

I also use RTV all the way across, Right Stuff seals good.