Ive researched and still dont know what header to go with

96Forged281

Dec 10, 2002
Ive read reviews on BBK, MAC, hedman and a few others.

All seem to have fitment issues or poor quality issues.

Is there a header out there that has become the favorite because it fits and doesnt have any quality issues?

• Sponsors (?)

kooks, no question on quality. SLP makes a great header that rivals kooks. If quality is your main issue, kooks then slp's.

if going cheap, go with bbk or hooker.

Back in 2000, a couple of the old mod motor guys found the mac's to produce 2-3rwhp more than the bbk's on one of the original mod motor sites, which is no longer around. However, over the years, it seems the bbk's hold up a bit better than the mac's. Either one should work though. There are a bunch of options out there.

I've had a set of MAC's on order to replace my old pair. They had been in the car almost 5 years. They still routed the exhaust the same way they did when they were new. I cut them out to pull the old motor.

Well the MAC's have been on backorder for more then 2 months now. So I am going to pick up a set of BBK's this time around.

I want to be able to install these headers without having to remove the steering shaft. And I see the MACs and BBKs had that problem?

Maybe not on that guys Mach 1 above but on GTs

1. Fitment
2. Quality
3. Price
Why does it matter if you remove the steering shaft? Its one bolt and you pull out the shaft.

The easiest way to install long tubes is to remove the K-member. Its more work but easy work.