Progress Thread Jabbawalkie's 87 Lx

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Jabbawalkie713, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Jabbawalkie713

Jabbawalkie713 New Member

Hey guys, my name's Kyle. I'm new to this forum, but not to the whole forum life. I come from the world of lifted Jeeps (and Jeepforum), so I am new to fox bodies, and mustangs in general. Just picked up an 87 LX, which I actually traded my Jeep for with my manager (I work at advance auto parts) who is basically a fox body guru, and I'll probably be buying 80% of the parts I put into this thing from him. This was one of the 5 he had in his driveway. I wanted to start this thread asap in order to document everything, because I regret not doing so with my Jeep.

This thing is pretty much completely stock, other than a Hurst shifter, and the slicks n skinnies. The body is straight and solid, no rot, it runs and drives, so it's pretty much perfect for a project car. The odometer reads 38,xxx miles, but he said he doesn't know how many it actually has, it's been sitting for most of its life. I'll be working on this over the next couple of years, it probably wont be registered anytime soon, since its a project car, and having my Volvo (which I acquired mid-December) on the road is expensive enough as it is. I do plan on taking it to the track, though, just to have some fun with it.

The fox:
    [​IMG]

The Jeep: 94 Grand Cherokee, 5.2 V8, 5" lift, 33's, 8.8 rear, etc.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The Volvo (DD): 2005 S60R, turbo upgrade, FMIC, water meth, has about 320 awhp. (My goal for this build is to be faster than this lol)
    [​IMG]

I can't take credit for building this car, which is kind of the reason why I bought the fox. I wanted something that I could say that I built myself, like the Jeep, which I had for almost 5 years and put my blood, sweat and tears into. I hate to see it go, but to be honest it was a POS, it had almost 200k on it and it wasn't a practical DD (10mpg's). It was, however, the most badass sounding jeep you ever would've heard, (and for having a $1000 exhaust, it better have been). I returned it back to almost stock before I got rid of it in order to get back some of the money I put into it.
    Bittersweet moment right here...
    [​IMG]

So I guess that's it for now. I'll be updating this thread maybe once a week, until this semester ends and I actually have enough time to work on it. It needs the interior put back together, so I"ll probably start there.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014