Jacobs Mastermind with NOS 05115 kit

Scott W

Founding Member
May 27, 2000
Toronto, Ontario
Does anyone have a jacobs mastermind hooked up to a NOS 05115 dry kit? I just wanted to know what solenoid I should hook up the Jacobs trigger (blue) wire to? I have it hooked up to sol 1, so that when it pulses the fuel pressure regulator should be able to adjust the fuel accordingly. If I hook up the Jacobs trigger wire to solenoid 2 than the fuel pressure regulator will get full pressure and cause the car to run rich, and would overcompensate for the fuel.

I think I have it right but I would like to get some advice from anyone out there who has the same combo.

Also, my jacobs did not come with a fuel pressure safety switch. Should there be one included in the kit? the instructions say there should be 2 switches included (4 psi for carb, and 35 psi for fuel injection) but summit racing are telling me the switch is not supposed to be included.

thanks for your help.

scott.

• Sponsors (?)

I've noticed that quite a few people have viewied this post, and since I finally figured it out I thought I would post it so that anyone in the future can get some answers.

the jacobs trigger wire (blue) hooks up to the 2nd solenoid. the first solenoid is grounded. The jacobs brown wire is run to the fuel pressure safety switch. basically when the nitrous is triggered, the 1st solenoid will open and allow nitrous to pass through it and through the NOS fuel pressure regulator, which will then boost fuel pressure to nearly 80p.s.i. this incease in fuel pressure will trip the fuel pressure switch (which is preset to 50 psi but can be adjusted). Once the fuel pressure switch grounds with the increased fuel pressure, the jacobs then allows solenoid 2 to open and spray the nitrous into the intake.

One note, once you arm the nitrous the 'low fuel' light on the jacobs will illimunate in red, indicating a low fuel pressure problem (basically the brown wire from the jacobs going to the fuel pressure switch has not grounded yet because the fuel pressure hasn't yet increased to at least 50 psi.) because jacobs is not controlling solenoid 1, that solenoid will open and nitrous will be able to flow through, increase fuel pressure, trip the fuel switch, and then the red light on the jacobs will turn off.

Jacobs used to offer a 35psi switch with the mastermind, but it no longer comes with it. the NOS switch can be adjusted from 30 to 70 psi. You could adjust it down to 35, just like the jacobs switch, and this would then solve the 'low fuel' light on the jacobs from illuminating, HOWEVER 35 psi is not enough to run nitrous. the nos switch preset at 50psi ensures you have at least 50 psi before the nitrous flows. best bet is too leave the nos switch in, leave it adjusted to 50 and when the nitrous system is armed, then triggered, the red light may illuminate for a split second, but will go out immediately.

Hope this helps anyone in the future.