Build Thread Jamee's Build Up Thread

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by Jamee, Mar 26, 2010.

1. hi I just recently picked up a 94 mustang for $450 with a blown headgasket on the 3.8. I'm working on finding all the parts right now for the T5 and 302.
    Here's the car:
  2. I won an "86 302 with 120k miles" off ebay for $150.

My daddy's letting me use his garage for all of this:

Removed the intake and what did I see?
    yay. the engine block's numbers say its an E7TE so should be out of a truck but it has roller lifters, I'm surprised
  3. :welcome: Car looks straight and clean! Definitely like the 3.8 to 5.0 swap! :nice:
  4. yup def a truck 302. They had a different intake
  5. For $450 bucks, the body and interior on your car doesn't look too awfully bad IMHO.

Have fun.
  6. oh yeah, I picked up the mustang intake upper/lower/throttle body for $80 with 4,000 miles
  7. omg, i cant find the right size for the transmission mount bolts to mount the engine stand to it, anyone know what size they are?
    3/8 course is too small.
  8. The bolts for the bellhousing to block are 5/8 IIRC.
  9. Looks like quite the project. Have fun with it and good luck
  10. thanks!
  11. Correct.
  12. this took way too long
  13. nice!
    dont rush through it,take your time.
  14. That's why I tear them down first. Makes pulling it sooo much easier.

I'm looking forward to my new build. Gonna be a slow process though. Car needs work and I gotta save up for parts
  15. good deal, man, good luck w/the swap.
  16. Nice start.. :nice:

I would have tried to get a Gt40 Explorer intake for cheap. IMO:D
  17. Sweet.

Get 'er done ! :cheers:
  18. Great progress! With the old engine out, now would be a good time to clean up the engine bay really good and maybe re-route/hide some wires while you're at it.
  19. i wasnt really sure if the front end would disassemble, but it does u say?, i may still need to take the radiator support off to get the engine out, the garage's cieling doesnt give me enough room :p
  20. I would shorten up the chain as much as possible first, then if it still wont clear, I would remove the wheels and lower it down as far as possible. I think Jinx meant disassemble the accessories on the motor.