jba o/r h pipe

Fast05

Sep 16, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
I have a question about my jba o/r h pipe...when I turn my car on and it's a cold start the h pipe leaks exhaust pretty bad. as soon as everything warms up though the leak goes away. Then...while driving if I'm at wot or close to it and push the clutch in I hear a nasty exhaust leak for a split second. Now as anyone who has purchased this part knows, it came in two pieces that you clamp together. My question is should I just get the two pieces welded together? I do not see how it could hurt, although I don't know how to weld so I'd need to find and probably pay somone to do it for me. Has anyone else had this problem with their mid pipe or done what I'm thinking about? Thanks for your input.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Why don't you just get under there and try to tighten the bolts first. See if that gets rid of the leak. I have the same thing and no leaks here. I love the sound to. But I have the SLP loudmouths also, which means no night time driving.

bigcat said:
are you sure its a leak, and not just the sound of the pipe? i have the Pypes O/R H and at certain rpms, it adds extra "sound" to the exhaust.

Yea I'm pretty sure...it sounds just like an exhaust leak and it goes away after everything's warmed up for a while...I'll check the alignment tomorrow though while I'm changing my oil. Thanks guys.
:SNSign: