Jdbmods m112 supercharger.. 1200 bones$?

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
http://www.jdbmods.com/

Link above. Anyone ever mess with one of his set ups?

It sounds like a good deal, 1200 bucks and your supercharged. It might even be less than that if you can score the charger cheap.

I'm left to wonder and assume a few things

1. Egr would have to be deleted I assume .. So you'd need that delete chip or whatever ( again , I assume)

2 fuel system would need upgraded

3, would require a custom tune?

Not saying I'm gonna get one.. Just saying I'm curious.

• Sponsors (?)

I know that there have been some issues with snapping shaft extensions on those, and there had been some revisions to the design to correct it. Not sure if it was ever fully corrected, though. I'd do some research on it, and be prepared to cut a hole in your hood. Other than that, I think it sounds like a sweet setup.

From what I know, it's just a basic kit, not comprehensive at all.
Meaning he gives you the blower and fabricated intake adapter, oh, and TB adapter.
It's up to you to design the rest yourself.

The shaft thing is on you too I believe.
Seems like the buyers have been making their own shaft supports with pillow-block type bearings.

The shop that makes these things is about 1/2 an hour or so west of me.
I intend to swing by there one of these days. My son wants one for his Fairmont.

The sc it's self can be had for 1-300 on eBay.. So I'd have to figure the tensioner and fuel upgrades..

Almost worth just building something myself,

I'll admit...I'm in love with Positive Displacement blowers, but I'll be the first to say....PASS.

If you'll look at his Youtube video's, the car's he uses them on aren't abnormally quick. The one quick one he does have is also a 331 with aluminum heads....which is pretty much par for the course considering the displacement and top end. You're really not gonna see a lot of power gain from the 6psi this kit offers. Not like you would with a decent H/C/I set up. And for what you'll have into it with additional parts cost and time spent after all said and done, you'll have nearly as much wrapped up into it as a decent top end kit for your car anyway....and will only make half the power.

Not to mention...IMO, it just looks goofy. That great big M112 case looks out of place on the 302 and that extra long blower snout it just asking for problems.

If you really much have Positive Displacement power on your 302, keep saving your money and pick yourself up one of the the Kenne Bell kits. They're proven, reliable and use quality components. And most importantly...will clear the stock hood.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll admit...I'm in love with Positive Displacement blowers, but I'll be the first to say....PASS.

If you'll look at his Youtube video's, the car's he uses them on aren't abnormally quick. The one quick one he does have is also a 331 with aluminum heads....which is pretty much par for the course considering the displacement and top end. You're really not gonna see a lot of power gain from the 6psi this kit offers. Not like you would with a decent H/C/I set up. And for what you'll have into it with additional parts cost and time spent after all said and done, you'll have nearly as much wrapped up into it as a decent top end kit for your car anyway....and will only make half the power.

Not to mention...IMO, it just looks goofy. That great big M112 case looks out of place on the 302 and that extra long blower snout it just asking for problems.

If you really much have Positive Displacement power on your 302, keep saving your money and pick yourself up on the the Kenne Bell kits. They're proven, reliable and use quality components. And most importantly...will clear the stock hood.
2nd the Kenne Bell kit. I installed the KB 8 psi kit last month on my 91. Easy install, quality parts and made my car a blast to drive. Made 300HP and 389 ft/lbs after tune. Got the bypass valve...pretty important without an intercooler.

It's not anything near the same setup as the kit mentioned above, but I've always been impressed at what AlexLTDLX over on the Corral has done with his Heaton M112. He runs mid 10s at almost 130 with some super basic parts and some good old fashioned creativity.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, this thing is pretty much just a shadetree adapter for you to work out the bugs on for your specific application.
I am trying to talk my son out of it, but that rarely works, so I was going to look into their shop. Probably because I will be the one helping him install it if he gets one. :rolleyes:

Yeah, this thing is pretty much just a shadetree adapter for you to work out the bugs on for your specific application.
I am trying to talk my son out of it, but that rarely works, so I was going to look into their shop. Probably because I will be the one helping him install it if he gets one. :rolleyes:

last page of thread they have guys looking for him and hints of money taken and part not shipped...
http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1251243-cobra-eaton-5-0-a.html

I am a firm believer in saving money whenever possible, but on some thing you get what you pay for. Would you rather buy this kit and then have to spend an additional $500 or so and then have to fab everything up to try and get it to work? At best you end up with an unproven system with no warranty.

I would rather buy a used vortech or procharger, or save up and just buy the KB unit and you know what you are getting.

Reactions: 1 users
Some things you can go on the cheaper side, but comparing the positive reviews to the negative, the negative outweighs the positive. Parts aren't being made right and money is now being owed because of this. Other forums have guys stating "Joey is MIA" and/or "I guess a lot of people got defective parts, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones who got a good one". These statements alone make me shy away in the matter of seconds. Buy a used blower for the same price. I have seen kits for 1200-1500 with fuel injectors, calibrated MAM, and other parts needed.

ALSO you have to cut a $450 cowl hood, or go with an ugly 5". Or you could chop apart your stock hood and have it stick out, which is just fugly. Just not good IMO.

I bought the kit in February and still have yet to receive the kit please nobody buy the kit you will not revive it he will not answer the phone or emails this guy will rip you off if anybody having this problem please reply