Jeep GC question: Alignment spec for an '04? Balljoint Bad Possibly?

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
OK, my sister has an 04 jeep grand laredo I6 4wd. All of a sudden the jeep is leaning horribly when turning right.

I took it for a drive and at 20mph I kept rowing the wheel back and forth. When I turn left the jeep stays level (normal) when I turn right the jeep leans really bad (almost like a van or a bus). I know this is not normal as I jsut traded in my '02 grand cherokee 2 weeks ago.

I sighted at the camber of the jeep from about 30-50' and could see where the drivers side tire has more camber than the passenger side. Using a level (I know it is crude) and tape measure I was able to determine that the top of the rim (referenced off the bottom of the wheel) is in about a 1/2" more on the drivers than the passenger side.

The dealer is saying everythign is right (including this alignment issue). Although they were more than happy to point out it needs brakes (which I knew) and that the trans should be flushed... Too bad this isn't why we brought it down...

Besides looking for a new dealer am I right in that is sounds like a ball joint went south on us?

This is supposedly a 47k mile vehicle but it feels worse than mine did with 70k on it.

Thanks a Lot!

• Sponsors (?)