Jet-Hot brand shorties for Fox Bodies???

Rick 91GT

Mustang Master
Nov 29, 1999
PA
A buddy of mine is building a car and needs a new set of shorties and I thought I remeber seeing on here a set of shorties direct from Jet Hot that were coated and were very nice yet inexpensive?

Anyone have pics or pricing?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Go to their website for applications (www.jet-hot.com). Given how many cars they're listing, I don't think they're making their own headers. They're buying from another manufacturer. However, they don't list prices for anything in their literature/sites - you have to call or email in info and they'll send you a cost estimate. I'd want to know who they're getting their headers from. But I think you'll find they've priced it in a way that it's cheaper to buy a pre-coated one from them than it is to buy the same header from someone else, and then have it shipped down to them and back for coating. Call around - they're not the only ones that apply ceramic coating. I just had my stainless shorties done locally (Knoxville); Jet-Hot wanted $180 plus shipping back and forth; I got them done for $125 - so far, quality appears to be excellent.

Micheal yeah I looked at their site last night but they don't list any prices, I thought someone siad they were around $180 total if not under, almost the total cost of a bare header, and the pic they had looked very nice with a guarantee...

For coatings check out www.airborncoatings.com

I'll be VERY surprised if they sell anything for that little. My guess is since most shorties sell in the $130-$250 range, their least expensive coated set will be in the $300 range. Let us know what they quote you. By the way, when they quoted me, I got a really nice set of marketing literature from them complete with a cool video tape of how they do what they do. Easy to see why they charge what they do when you see how much they put into marketing/quotes.

I hate to always be the Ford Racing company rep, but Ford Racing's coated shorties are coated by Jet Hot and sell for less than $300 from most shops. The FRPP shorties fit better than anyone else's b/c they are built by the company that originally built the stock headers for your 5.0. The PN is 9430-P51.

joncash said:
I hate to always be the Ford Racing company rep, but Ford Racing's coated shorties are coated by Jet Hot .

P51You sure? I always thought those were ceramic, but non-Jet Hot.

Anyway, Jet Hot offers Pacesetter & Flowtech headers. They might offer more, but i'm not sure. I got my Flowtechs for $303 coated with Jet-Hot's sterling.

headercoating.jpg

That's what sterling color is, and it's their best coating w/the best luster. :nice:

mansonozz said:
P51You sure? I always thought those were ceramic, but non-Jet Hot.

Anyway, Jet Hot offers Pacesetter & Flowtech headers. They might offer more, but i'm not sure. I got my Flowtechs for $303 coated with Jet-Hot's sterling.

headercoating.jpg

That's what sterling color is, and it's their best coating w/the best luster. :nice:

You go the shorties right? Cuz the Long Tube Pacesetter & Flowtech headers seem to have fitment problems...what is the difference between ceremic and JeT-HOt...I thought they were the same thing... :shrug: I know the BBK uses ceremic headers from Jet Hot...as according to the summit ad for them...

joncash said:
I hate to always be the Ford Racing company rep, but Ford Racing's coated shorties are coated by Jet Hot and sell for less than $300 from most shops. The FRPP shorties fit better than anyone else's b/c they are built by the company that originally built the stock headers for your 5.0. The PN is 9430-P51.

Does FORD make those anymore...last time i checked I was told by summit racing that ford discontinued the ceremic coated headers...that's why I got the BBK's...were they fcuking with me? :shrug:

In my new Summit catalog, there are NO ceramic Ford shorties. there used to be, I know, because I was SO close to buying 'em.

Highbred; I did buy shorties, but no pics yet. they're still on their way. They were originally getting me pacesetters, but they were on backorder 3x as long as they originally thought. So I called up and found that out, and asked if there was anything else I could substitute for them. Flowtechs were a little more expensive but they gave 'em to me anyway, and got them going for me then. Should be any day now that I receive them. :shrug:

Go to www.jet-hot.com to see how they compare to regular ceramic.

A ceramic coated header is about 60% better than a non-coated one, and a Jet-Hot header is about 60% better than the regular ceramic. It's something like that, anyway, they have a chart and info on their site. It's definitely top notch stuff. When I called them originally to talk about my app and what I wanted, 2 days later I got in the mail a large packet full of literature invluding a VHS tape! Definitely a cool (pun intended) company that knows what they're doing.

The P51's are in the 2004 FRPP, so I doubt the're being discontinued...and they use the Jet Hot brand name in the description..

I guess this thread is stale by now but I've been lazy the past few days :rolleyes: