JME 69 mustang gauge cluster

• Sponsors (?)

Too Expensive!

I do like the looks of the JME gauges, but they are WAAAAAY Overpriced!!

I called them up one time last year, and asked them how much they would sell just the bezel for, and they told me "$750"!!

They must think that their stuff is made of GOLD or something!! This is PRICE GOUGING IN THE EXTREME!!

You can buy a good reproduction bezel from most any Classic Mustang website for under $200!!!

I bought mine from CJ Mustang Parts for $119, bought a set of new reproduction lenses for it, and then installed THIS kit:

1969 - 1970 Ford Mustang Digital Instrument System

Oh, and by the way--when people see these guages, they freak out!! I've never heard anyone who has seen the gauges say a bad thing about them, and when you look at that link, check out the extra features built into them!

I've been looking into this as well. I've looked at both the JME and Year One pods. I like the JME pod best because of it's contour, the arrangement of the aux gauges and their size (2 5/8" as opposed to Year Ones 2 1/8"), but it's too expensive. The Year One pod is priced right but not quite as nice. The price is even better on the MP Products unit but I don't like how flat the pod is and I'd prefer to use Auto Meter gauges. Still undecided. :shrug:

I bought the Year One dash bezel. I have some Auto Meter Ultra-Lite electric gauges going in

I covered the front with a carbon fiber veneer from dragon plate. The fit of the carbon fiber is much better than what the picture suggests. it just looks wavy because of how the light is reflecting off the glossy finish. I paid $169 for the bezel and $36 for the carbon fiber.

year1carbonfiber3.jpg

Attachments

• year1carbonfiber3.jpg
    year1carbonfiber3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,132
I bought the Year One dash bezel. I have some Auto Meter Ultra-Lite electric gauges going in

I covered the front with a carbon fiber veneer from dragon plate. The fit of the carbon fiber is much better than what the picture suggests. it just looks wavy because of how the light is reflecting off the glossy finish. I paid $169 for the bezel and $36 for the carbon fiber.

That is the best pic I’ve seen yet, thanks!! I prefer the 2-1/6 gauges as there is a much better selection of them to choose from. Modern gauges are easier to read anyway. I'm still thinking of doing my own. Here is my thought, the stock '69 dash has some really nice contours I’d like to keep. If I use it as my base I can retro fit the 4 2-1/6 gauges into it, and make the speedo and tach hoes to house the 5" gauges. I have access to some very cool prototyping equipment to create the inserts. Once inserted to and original dash I can paint it all black with a nice texture and no one will be able to tell.

It will take a while to design and make so I may buy the year one to get my by until it's done. More pics please!! :D

No probelm. I'm assuming that the gauges mount inset into the opening, is that right?

Priced out a set of Ultra-lites and the panel should be around $700. That's half of the JME unit. Sold.

What gauges are you installing in yours Jerry?

the gauges are indeed inset inside the openings. I have the silver face ultra lights like these ones here

4310_d.jpg

I paid $551 in December 2006 at summit for the following, all electric

5 inch 160 speedo
5 inch 10,000 rpm
2 1/6 inch fuel level
2 1/6 inch voltometer
2 1/6 water temp
2 1/6 oil pressure

Wow, great minds think alike, lol. Those are the exact gauges I'm planning on using.

I'll bet they look great w/ the carbon fiber. I was thinking about painting the panel and the passenger side inset silver but am worried the gauges may not stand out enough

You used an elec speedo? What made you switch from mech?

Wow, great minds think alike, lol. Those are the exact gauges I'm planning on using.

I'll bet they look great w/ the carbon fiber. I was thinking about painting the panel and the passenger side inset silver but am worried the gauges may not stand out enough

You used an elec speedo? What made you switch from mech?

I also used carbon fiber on the door panels. There is some dust on it but you will get the idea

carbonfiberdoor.jpg

I went electric because I thought since I was starting fresh, electric was more accurate and reliable and the better way to go.

Attachments

• carbonfiberdoor.jpg
    carbonfiberdoor.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 274
That looks very cool. I was thinking about just leaving the woodgrain decal off when I get new panels but that looks great, especially w/ the matching dash!

Maybe one day I'll get to my interior. So much to do, so little time and $. :(