Job 1 Don't get excited!!

2005muzzy

May 6, 2004
ya know, It was job 1 for the ford 500 yesturday and ford has not updated the web site with any pricing for the 500. What is ford doing?? Can we expect the same for the mustang the day of job 1.Some one needs to kick ford in the rear end.

• Sponsors (?)

They didn't officially release pricing on the 500 and Freestar until last week and their Job 1 was July 12th. I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see pricing on the stang until the last week of Sept.

:shrug:

Hmmmm.

ecgirard2 said:
They didn't officially release pricing on the 500 and Freestar until last week and their Job 1 was July 12th. I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see pricing on the stang until the last week of Sept.

:shrug:
That's funny !! If I read their web page correctly, Yesturday,it said that they just started job 1 on the 500. If what your telling me is true and pricing won't be out until late sept or early oct and there is a 8 week shipping that means none of us can expect to even get in our new car until some time in December. What a bummer. Now I don't even want to buy one until the spring. Why buy a mustang in the middle of December if you live in upstate NY.I'm getting depressed.Someone tell me some good news please.

If you look at Ford's media website, you will see press releases where they announced the pricing for the Five Hundred, Montego, Freestyle & Mariner.

However the press release does not include specific pricing for every option.

Remember that the 2005 Ford models (including the Stang) do not go on sale until early October so there is no rush for Ford to officially announce prices.

I would not be surprised if the first round of Mustangs show up without window stickers (and therefore pricing), but instead, a sticker stating simply that the vehicle is the property of Ford Motor Company.

GT-03 said:
I would not be surprised if the first round of Mustangs show up without window stickers (and therefore pricing), but instead, a sticker stating simply that the vehicle is the property of Ford Motor Company.

I could be mistaken, but I believe it is law that they have a window sticker if they plan on selling it as "new" from the factory.

blueovalnews.com says that Job one on the 500 was July 12th. It is possible that it was delayed a month. It is also possible that JOb 1 was 7/12 but they didn't have a press release until last week.

2005muzzy said:
That's funny !! If I read their web page correctly, Yesturday,it said that they just started job 1 on the 500. If what your telling me is true and pricing won't be out until late sept or early oct and there is a 8 week shipping that means none of us can expect to even get in our new car until some time in December. What a bummer. Now I don't even want to buy one until the spring. Why buy a mustang in the middle of December if you live in upstate NY.I'm getting depressed.Someone tell me some good news please.

I actually saw a Ford 500 on the road last week in NJ.... At first I was like, WOW I didnt know they were selling them already, then I sped up for a closer look and it had a Michigan Manufacturer plate on it, probably some head honcho on vacation at the shore in my town! Bastard. They look pretty nice though, they are definitely better than the Taurus. It was just so weird to see the Ford 500 on the road in my town, maybe they were showing the dealership, I dont know...I should ask my Uncle he is the Sales Manager. :flag:

spectravp said:
I could be mistaken, but I believe it is law that they have a window sticker if they plan on selling it as "new" from the factory.

I think that varies from state to state, but it is not uncommon at all for the dealers to put the stickers on the windows after they place them on the lot for sale.

kn7671 said:
I think that varies from state to state, but it is not uncommon at all for the dealers to put the stickers on the windows after they place them on the lot for sale.

My past couple of cars, the sticker was in the glove box and never applied. It also had my name on it as the customer.

Anyway, I think the "Property of Ford" sticker technically means it is still owned by the factory. Once released for possible sale, and is transfered over to the dealer, a regular sticker can be placed on the window. This is just Ford's way of ensuring that a dealer doesn't sell a car before it is officially announced, and gives Ford time to get at least one vehicle to every dealer for that announcement day. In the past, I have always found these cars "hidden" out back behind the building at the dealer.