Jobs to Mustang $

I guess I'm a bit different than most. My Parents bought mine when I was 17. I'm 25 now. I kept that car until I was 23....had a nice single turbo setup on it......then sold it all...my priorities have since changed to having a house etc...although I do miss my stang...nice to still see some old members here from back in the day though

• Sponsors (?)

i bought mine at 19. i paid for it all $325 to $450 a month along with 2 other car payments. i refinanced a couple of times to buy parts (viper T56)

i did my engine/drivetrain build over 2 years in cash and it was about $30K. i made really good comission checks those years and put in around 60-70 hours a week for at least 6 months.

car was paid off in december this year and i dont owe a penny on it anymore!

Good to see most have worked hard for their money and not had Mom & Dad buy it for them. Mustangs are your best bang for the Buck. You can buy one fairly cheap and Mods aren't bad either.

Can usually find one cheap when someone has their first kid and the Mustang has to go:(

Keep buying American Muscle!

I bought my used '02 GT back when I was 19 (I'm 25, today actually). I paid for it in cash (was $25,000 CAD at the time) with the money I saved up working at a fast food joint. I have never crashed it, and I have always respected it. I don't drive like a retard. I have 1 speeding ticket in 9 years of driving, for 15 km/hr over (75 in a 60 zone) which I got 3 years ago.

I also bought an '05 Subaru Impreza as a winter car. Also paid in cash by myself.

I had a bit of help when I went through college. My mother paid for half of my education, and I paid the other half as well as books etc. I was extremely grateful for that. When I attended university for 3 years, I paid for it all by myself.

I am very responsible with money and I have a significant amount of money towards a down payment on a house (I still live with my parents - I just recently got a well-paying job). Hopefully I'll move out at this time next year.

Please keep in mind that alot of us younger guys make sound financial decisions and are not all spoiled brats. I'm not saying I've never had help, but don't think just because some of us younger guys have nice things, that we haven't spent OUR hard earned money getting them. Or .... that we don't have any money in the bank.

Matt :nice:

Im 16, i bought my mustang when i was 9years old and at the time i was paying for my own college and apartment and worked 8 days a week at wendys making junior bacon cheeseburgers, how does one pay rent insurance and a car note on 18 year olds salaries??

Besides that, school is good it gets you wherever you want to be!!!! At least mustangs are not really expensive to buy but these young'uns that buy beemers and such are spoiled little bratties, ohhh well i guess im just being a "Hater" lol, wish i had a fancy car when i was in high school.

By the way dont drink and drive on St Patties and try to ram into a cop car, stupid ****in kids, and dont cry after ur ass is in cuffs lol.

Props to all the young guys working for their Mustangs :nice:

I used to be the same way. Started out in 1982 with a 1969 Mustang Grande at the age of 16 that I paid $1000 for by washing cars at my dad's buddy's Ford stealership...