Jones mufflers at LRS

bigbird04

Jul 15, 2010
Decatur Al.
I currently have flowmasters welded in my exhaust. I installed 373 FRPP gears about three weeks ago. I drive twenty miles on the interstate to work everyday. The drone from the flows sucked with stock gears now the drone really sucks. I found some muffler made by jones that looks like some kind of magnaflow knock off . Is anyone running these. I want to eventually get a magnaflow catback but don't see it happening in the near future.

Performance Muffler, 2.5" Offset Inlet, 2.5" Offset Outlet, 4"X9" Oval, 14" Body, 20" Overall Length at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

• Sponsors (?)

That muffler looks fine to me. It is all stainless which is more than you can say about the blowmaster. It isn't as if mufflers are really a wear item anyway. The only exception would be poorly constructed cherry bomb style or chambers style mufflers which tend to fall apart, but a straight through should hold up well.

Do you still have cats? If not, a straight through muffler can still be quite loud at any rpm. A straight through muffler can still drone, but should be better than what you have.

If you want something quite, look at the dynomax superturbo. It will be barely louder than stock with absolutely no drone. With an offroad mid pipe, I think it would be about the right level of sound for a daily driver.

Thanks for the responses guys. I have an offroad x pipe on the car. I saw the jones mufflers and thought they might be worth a try, at the worst they suck and I'm out a little over 100 bucks. They appear to be basically the same design as magnaflows. I would rather have the real deal but for that price they are pretty tempting.

I think the ones in that you tube clip are the chambered flowmaster knock off they make. I would like to hear the magnaflow style muffler they make. The jones mufflers in that video sound about like my set up now. I think I'm just one of those that don't like the sound of chambered mufflers on a x pipe.

That muffler looks fine to me. It is all stainless which is more than you can say about the blowmaster. It isn't as if mufflers are really a wear item anyway. The only exception would be poorly constructed cherry bomb style or chambers style mufflers which tend to fall apart, but a straight through should hold up well.

Do you still have cats? If not, a straight through muffler can still be quite loud at any rpm. A straight through muffler can still drone, but should be better than what you have.

If you want something quite, look at the dynomax superturbo. It will be barely louder than stock with absolutely no drone. With an offroad mid pipe, I think it would be about the right level of sound for a daily driver.

+1 on the Dynomax's. Used them for about 2 years but were too quite for me.

Getting rid of the x-pipe soon tho. Using them with any chambered muffler just seems to make them to raspy.