JT...Jason and whoever else.....

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
After a week of vac on the house I figured the car would get some time...
symptoms of the car were that when wide open throttle when the car would shift...to second...and sometimes 3rd...there would be like a pop...(kinda like a hesitation...almost like the trans was slipping) and I thought the new K N was not sealing completely around the bullet Granitelli MAF....
Tonight I pulled off the stock piping and adaptor.....put the cheap Ebay CAI straight chrome pipe back in....left the huge azz K N filter....but I knew that this sealed fine...

I took it out and put my foot through the floor....any more and I would have been Fred Flinstone.........I stopped and did this at least 20 times....I would let off as soon as it shifted into 2nd gear.......sometimes I would get it up to 20 mph and stomp it.....not once did it pop....hesitate......shifted the way it was programmed to........
I am guessing that because the adaptor was not 100 percent sealing around the Granitelli is that air was being forced back out.....but I may be crazy...what do you think....

Will:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Chris......I was starting to think it was time for a trans...:D ......I'm going to have to try and hit up the track again.....I am off this week as well.....I am thinking this hesitation held me back at least a tenth......:shrug: ....and I'll see how the car reacts to speeds over 60 mph....

Will, I don't have personal experience with an issue like yours, but I agree that it sounds about right. These things are so freakin finicky about the MAF that any disturbance to the airflow would seem real likely to cause issue (as opposed to fox III's, where you can drop the MAF in a mud puddle and drag it down the road and it still runs relatively well).

I'm no help though.

Good luck bud.

I pulled the air filter off my setup, basically to test an issue a fellow f-body owner had with his car. Oh wow, did my car NOT like it. It barely ran and ran like poo. It was basically the T/B a C&L pipe, LMAF and nothing on the end. I put the filter back on the end of the LMAF and it smoothed the flow out greatly. I'm still looking for a 90* elbow that is 4" and SMOOTH on the inside.

I thought I would share my findings with you JT....and I emailed Jason as well.....
I had barely driven the car after installing the K N and UD's....and had the family with me when I drove to the track....so regular driving was not affected....but once there was a lot of air ...this is what I called a burp in the other thread........I marked the MAF before I pulled it out of the adaptor within the stock piping and the "necked" down portion was right at the opening.......so I"m 99 percent sure this was my issue....leaving the 1 percent to Murphy to get me.....:rolleyes: