July Sales - Camaro Vs Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

If there camaro sales are so high why have i only seen like 1 camaro and like 20 new mustangs now? Or are thoes only the sales in the states, and people here in vancouver not got the memo yet?

Kyle,

I was going to post the same thing. However, it might just be coincidental according to location. I have seen two camaros on the road all around Atlanta. I have seen at least a dozen different 2010 mustangs.

Based on those sale numbers, the stang will soon outpace the Camaro once again. The reason that the Camaro sales were sky high at release was due to the "must have NOW" croud, and as those sales fade, so will the number of camaros sold.

I was origionally on the fence with either Camaro or Mustang. I would strongly consider buying one, if I could see out of the damn thing. Instead, I am just waiting for the 5.0.

The same big jump is going to happen when the stang gets the new powertrains come next year, the big spike, and then the gradual fall off.

as YSUsteven said, around here the camaro was just a bandwagon thing everyone wanted.

but oddly enough im the (going to be) only person with 2010 mustang around this area ive seen. only 1 camaro and a lot of new challengers.....

kinda a small town so dont expect a lot of new cars around here lol

Kyle,

I was going to post the same thing. However, it might just be coincidental according to location. I have seen two camaros on the road all around Atlanta. I have seen at least a dozen different 2010 mustangs.

well i guess it could be because the camaros are back ordered like the mustangs? I dont know i havnt been on camaro forums to check that out, so maybe in a few months ill start seeing more.

FAST05 - I am one jealous bastard. You have exactly what I want..... :)

I see the same amount of camaros as I do new Mustangs. The difference in sales at this point is simple.

You could have bought a mustang last year, or the year before, or the year before that, etc, etc, back to 2002.

Camaro fans have been waiting for 7 years to get a new 'maro. The initial sales shock will wear off, and we will see once again who always seems to come out on top. I'm saving pennies for a new GT, hopefully a different motor will be available by then too, to keep up with the new LS3.....or hell, even their 306hp V6.

I hope your wrong with the sales as far as the Camaro falling off, it needs these sales to stay in existance. I hope the camaro keeps at the same pace and holds strong.

I honestly hope they can pull themselves out of the hole as I would like to own a vette one day, but I don't think the camaro is going to be their saving grace. I think they need to revamp their other lineup of cars, but that's another story for another thread.

I drive 50 miles a day through Austin and I have only seen 2-3 camaros, 1 which was actually an SS. Seen about the same amount of mustangs, again only 1 was a GT.

Heres Fords mustangs july sales figures.
Ford Mustang Sales Down -37.6% in July

The Tauras along with good Lincoln sales will boost ford up pretty good.

That article almost seems like they want to say from June to July 2009 in the title. When actually it's July 2008 and July 2009 they are comparing. I'm sure they didn't mention anything about the recession though...

Not to mention the rumors of a new motor option in the next year or two.

That article almost seems like they want to say from June to July 2009 in the title. When actually it's July 2008 and July 2009 they are comparing. I'm sure they didn't mention anything about the recession though...

Not to mention the rumors of a new motor option in the next year or two.

True, if I was going to buy a Stang, it sure wouldnt be untill the new motor hits.

I honestly hope they can pull themselves out of the hole as I would like to own a vette one day, but I don't think the camaro is going to be their saving grace. I think they need to revamp their other lineup of cars, but that's another story for another thread.

I drive 50 miles a day through Austin and I have only seen 2-3 camaros, 1 which was actually an SS. Seen about the same amount of mustangs, again only 1 was a GT.

Only the media has portrayed the Camaro as the Savior of Chevy, when in fact Gm has never made that claim. Gm made the Camaro based on competing very high with the Mustang in sales. Which I think it will, this car has the potential to do what mustangs do and that is to make several names of Camaros. Like mustang do with Roush, saleen and such. Time will tell.

Only the media has portrayed the Camaro as the Savior of Chevy, when in fact Gm has never made that claim. Gm made the Camaro based on competing very high with the Mustang in sales. Which I think it will, this car has the potential to do what mustangs do and that is to make several names of Camaros. Like mustang do with Roush, saleen and such. Time will tell.

The savior of GM, if that's what you'd call it, would probably be a vehicle like the Volt, which is supposed to hit show room floors in the next few years? Anyway, the Camaro also serves another purpose, whether one is there to buy one or not, it's bringing people to the GM sales floor and that sure can't hurt right now. Although, as it's been pointed out, the most likely factor that the Camaro is selling as well as it is right now is the "gotta have it" factor. Camaro fans have been waiting in the dark for 7 years so of course everyone wants one. The mustang is the longest non stop production vehicle (not the Corvette) so we've got no reason to run out and buy one. If anything, anyone who hasn't bought one may have more reason to wait a year or 2 for the new drivetrain, so it'd be no surprise if the camaro sales outpaced mustang sales for a while. Me, I missed driving a mustang, was tired of driving an explorer, got a hell of a deal on mine, and if a new drivetrain comes out, so be it. I'm still happy as a lark with my car :)

The camaro though has never had as many faces as the Mustang, and I don't think it ever will. The great thing it has going for it right now is the "HEY! I'm back!" face, and the drivetrains....Everytime I look at the motor numbers, I'm dumbfounded by what they put out. I agree about marketing that Volt into the ground too. Chevy needs to get on the ball with the hybrid crowd.