Jumper Wire?!

Ethereal Zer0

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2002
Everett, WA
This is possibly a stupid question, but I don't wanna catch myself on fire or anything so here it goes....My air light bag started flashing on me the other day so I did a search here and found the air bag site that everyone has recommended. I started reading how to clear the trouble code, but I am not sure what I should use for a jumper wire to short the circuit. Can I just use a spare piece of wire, or is a jumper wire something I will need to go buy? Sorry i'm clueless when it comes to electrical :D Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Jumper wire need not be anything funky....In my Haynes manual they often use a paper clip for a jumper wire, like inside a plug...If you have some distance to go, a pair or 2 of test leads are always good to use...plus there good to have around anyway....Radio shack has em...buy 2 pks or make sure they're long ones.....

The connector (shown circled in green in the pic) is small, similar to the power seat plug. You just have to jumper those. A small piece of 18AWG will do. Or a paperclip.

Remember, you can't clear a current code (01-39 ? something like that), only a 'fixed' code (40-79 ?)

Rick

Attachments

• air bag diagnostic connector.jpg
    air bag diagnostic connector.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56
why not try disconnecting the batt for a while? and like rockin_rick said the code wont clear if it is current...only if you have repaired the problem.....

btw rockin_rick do you not have a dashboard anymore? :)

I still have the dash. It was out for heater core replacement and dash wiring. Added a clutch quad then, too. It's a easy 5 min job without the dash!

It's all back in and working now.

BTW zero - what code are you getting? Get it fixed?

Rick