Junk Yard Treasure

66P51GT

Nov 7, 2003
Cerritos, CA
I woke up early Saturday and made my way to Ecology autoparts for their 50% off sale. I was in search of some seats out of a Z or Supra. I found an 87 Supra that was just brought out to the lot. The seats were just what I was looking for. The driver seat had a sheepskin cover. I went to pull it off and to my surprise, I found 2 $100 bills stashed under the cover. Needless to say I was pretty excited.

While I was there, I grabbed a serpentine system off a Lincoln Mark VII and an electric fan off a Mercury Sable. Total cost $60, and I pocketed the remaining $140. Maybe just enough for a run to Tijuana to get them recovered.

Here is a picture of the Supra seats installed in Jeff Rautenberg's 66.
Stang170.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

69PaleHorse said:
Yup, those are real similar to what I have on mine. Think mine came out of an 82 Supra though. Gotta love those seats!

And amazing find man! Wish I had that kind of luck...
The irony is the day before, while driving home dreaming about the $17M lottery, I was telling myself I never win anything.

The $200 could have been $2000 and It would have felt the same.

Mind you, I dug through the rest of the car just-in-case. I did find one more single but that was it.

iamadonut said:
Do the Supra seats bolt right in?
No. The track is wider than the stock seat tracks. I am going to try and retain the power drivers seat so the plan is to weld cross members to the bottom. The cross members will have bolts welded to them that use the stock holes in the floorboard.

This is how JR did his and he has a nice writeup here http://jr.stangnet.com.
Stang45.jpg

I pretty tall (6'3") so I am worried about how far the seat can move back and the distance between the seat and the steering wheel.