Junkyard Brackets

ghostang93

Mar 26, 2007
Pace, FL
Does anyone know if I can get the a/c and the alternator bracket off of something besides a mustang? Such as town car, thunderbird, etc..V8 mustangs are pretty rare in the yards here. I've currently got the SN95 style brackets now and they're all rigged up with spacers to clear. I'm planning on putting a/c back in the car in the spring. Maybe I can get rid of the annoying belt squeak while I'm at it.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

The Thunderbird and Cougar ('86-'88) would probably be as close as you'll find. The Bird's is a one piece bracket that holds the steering pump and compressor as opposed to the multi-piece Stang setup.

I might have the brackets you are looking for. I just took a/c off my 88 and used the relocation bracket from ford to move my ps up where the a/c was..I know I kept the a/c compressor and stuff, I can look if your interested.

I might have the brackets you are looking for. I just took a/c off my 88 and used the relocation bracket from ford to move my ps up where the a/c was..I know I kept the a/c compressor and stuff, I can look if your interested.

i think to get it all to line up u have to get it off a mustang. i think it was on here that a guy was tring to get the water pump to line up and he was using bracket off another type car and the belt would not stay on.:shrug: