Just a few 5.0 ?s

Ok ill still looking for a 5.0 mustang and wanted to know some things.

1st. What is the best gearing for the rear end for like 0-60mph.

2nd. What will it take to pull the front tire/s off the ground (just alittle bit like 1-2 inches) also ive heard about 4cyl stang springs in the rear whats the difference and what exactly does it improve?

3rd. what is a good Tire for them. (front and rear) I love the look of slicks in the rear and skinnies up front. Probably like a good wide rear tire thats street legal.

4th. What are good 1st mods?

BTW it will be a daily driver to and from school and every now and then street racer (might take it to a drag strip)

• Sponsors (?)

Gears- 4.10's for aod, 3.73's for 5 speed
Pulling the front tires- youll need some serious horsepower- a stock 5.0 wont pull the front tires no matter what springs you use
Tires- I wouldnt be daily driving on a set of drag tires and skinny fronts. Get a set of street tires and a set of track tires if you need to
First mods- subframe connectors, rear control arms, catback exhaust system, midpipe, bigger maf, bigger throttle body,...

Gears- 4.10's for aod, 3.73's for 5 speed
Pulling the front tires- youll need some serious horsepower- a stock 5.0 wont pull the front tires no matter what springs you use
Tires- I wouldnt be daily driving on a set of drag tires and skinny fronts. Get a set of street tires and a set of track tires if you need to
First mods- subframe connectors, rear control arms, catback exhaust system, midpipe, bigger maf, bigger throttle body,...

ok thanks

k so 3.73 gearing because it will be a 5 speed.

I know you need alot of HP to pull the front off but like how much 400?

I know I couldn't DD with drag radials I was just saying i love the look and wanted to know what kind/company would make some that was still DOT approved.

alanw6: what do you mean "subscribing"?

thanks

First off, keep the racing on the drag strip, never mind the street. For first mods, what was said previously as well as some torque box reinforcements, a ported lower intake and some headers.

ok thanks

k so 3.73 gearing because it will be a 5 speed.

I know you need alot of HP to pull the front off but like how much 400?

I know I couldn't DD with drag radials I was just saying i love the look and wanted to know what kind/company would make some that was still DOT approved.

alanw6: what do you mean "subscribing"?

thanks

this is why forums are usually bad for info like this.

Ive been daily driving on MT ET radials for a year, on the same set too. And Ive had drag radials on the car continuously for about 2.5 yrs. I do not own another car.

Get 4.10s.

Exhaust is really just going to make the car sound different, your not going to see much power from it. Gears will give you the biggest difference. If you wanna go fast in a hurry get 4.10s, drag radials and nitrous.

this is why forums are usually bad for info like this.

Ive been daily driving on MT ET radials for a year, on the same set too. And Ive had drag radials on the car continuously for about 2.5 yrs. I do not own another car.

Get 4.10s.

Exhaust is really just going to make the car sound different, your not going to see much power from it. Gears will give you the biggest difference. If you wanna go fast in a hurry get 4.10s, drag radials and nitrous.

what brand drag radials ? and where can i get them? website?

what brand drag radials ? and where can i get them? website?

Mmmmmm I'd go Nittos or something with more tread. I almost died on some worn down Mickey's in the rain.

Just go to any automotive site like Summit, Jegs, etc...

Your first mod should be Gears. Period. And yes you can use 4 banger springs but I can't imagine it being a comfy ride

Mmmmmm I'd go Nittos or something with more tread. I almost died on some worn down Mickey's in the rain.

Just go to any automotive site like Summit, Jegs, etc...

Your first mod should be Gears. Period. And yes you can use 4 banger springs but I can't imagine it being a comfy ride

ok thanks. What about a cam? like a E303 they sound great to me.

what all do I need to take off the do a cam swap? Im not used to these motors. Im used to single over head cam on my 4 wheeler.

4.10s are to big for those cars IMO.. 3.73s, a shifter, catback and a X pipe, and control arms, springs, disconnect front sway bar... pull the silencer off, bump the timing, delete the smog, and a electric fan w/ 130 amp alt.

wtf is up with the random mods, ported lower intake on a stock motor? wtf.. keep the motor mods to a minimum. Suspension is where its at, i garuntee you'll see ALOT more gains at the strip with suspension and tires rather then motor. All you need to do is make the stock motor inhale and exhale good, you can have all the motor in the world, but if you cant hook the tires and get it to launch, its a POS

ok thanks. What about a cam? like a E303 they sound great to me.

what all do I need to take off the do a cam swap? Im not used to these motors. Im used to single over head cam on my 4 wheeler.

No offense dude but it sounds like you have a lot of internet research to do before you get into this. These cars are nothing like 4 wheelers. I suggest you go buy a tech manual and subscribe to a mustang magazine. Your not going to learn all this stuff over night on the forum. Also its all personall preference when it comes to modding your car. Go tomorrow and pick up your first mustang mag and be patient and learn

No offense dude but it sounds like you have a lot of internet research to do before you get into this. These cars are nothing like 4 wheelers. I suggest you go buy a tech manual and subscribe to a mustang magazine. Your not going to learn all this stuff over night on the forum. Also its all personall preference when it comes to modding your car. Go tomorrow and pick up your first mustang mag and be patient and learn

thats why I joined this website to learn :nice:

im really good with small motors and the way i learned was trial and error, and atvriders.com (website like this but for 4 wheelers) I know I have alot to learn but thats why im here.

I would like to get MT sportsman tires. Anyone use these? What is a good size?

Attachments

• MT sportsman drag DOT Approved tires.jpg
    MT sportsman drag DOT Approved tires.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 77
Yeah, lotta work to do, maybe, do you have a car in particular in mind? Make the job lots easier, a good starting point. 89 or newer has the stock parts to make your first foray a little less imposing, but just like the man said, do not get in a hurry. If it goes wrong, you will hate it, faster than any 5.0 will go!

4.10s are to big for those cars IMO.. 3.73s, a shifter, catback and a X pipe, and control arms, springs, disconnect front sway bar... pull the silencer off, bump the timing, delete the smog, and a electric fan w/ 130 amp alt.

wtf is up with the random mods, ported lower intake on a stock motor? wtf.. keep the motor mods to a minimum. Suspension is where its at, i garuntee you'll see ALOT more gains at the strip with suspension and tires rather then motor. All you need to do is make the stock motor inhale and exhale good, you can have all the motor in the world, but if you cant hook the tires and get it to launch, its a POS

Hmm, that seems to point to exhaust and intake work. So what's wrong with porting the lower intake, it's the biggest restriction on the motor, and would be cheaper than buying an aftermarket intake. I run a stock ported intake and I'm making 400+ rwhp.

Ok ill still looking for a 5.0 mustang and wanted to know some things.

1st. What is the best gearing for the rear end for like 0-60mph. 4.10 aod 3.73 for t5's

2nd. What will it take to pull the front tire/s off the ground (just alittle bit like 1-2 inches) also ive heard about 4cyl stang springs in the rear whats the difference and what exactly does it improve? 90/10 drag struts/shocks, slicks, take your sway bar off. if you can yank them it just gives your rear tires more traction, becasue the weight of the engine (and car) isnt on your front tires anymore its on your back ones, and they are the ones doing the pushing.

3rd. what is a good Tire for them. (front and rear) I love the look of slicks in the rear and skinnies up front. Probably like a good wide rear tire thats street legal. mickey thompson et streets. 10.5 wide i believe. the fronts you just need 3.5 inch wide rims and then skinnies for the front.

4th. What are good 1st mods? welded in subframe connectors. electrice fan. 3g alt upgrade, new brake stuff, stainless braided lines. K&N airfilter, remove the air intake silencer,catback, then get the suspension taken care of, shocks/struts, coils, fix the camber w. caster camber plates, strut tower brace.

BTW it will be a daily driver to and from school and every now and then street racer (might take it to a drag strip)