just a little venting

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
an ignition cylinder with a chrome key handle runs $24

the same thing with a black handle costs $74

WTF? of course i wanted the black one, but i got the black one.

:mad:

Adam, if this is what you are sending, let me know and i'll return it, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

an ignition cylinder with a chrome key handle runs $24

the same thing with a black handle costs $74

WTF? of course i wanted the black one, but i got the black one.

:mad:

Adam, if this is what you are sending, let me know and i'll return it, thanks.

Hey give me a call ill pm you my number. I was sending the actual ignition switch under the column. If its your lock cyl i cant help you there. Mine is broken as well LOL.

I have it with me in MD but works been crazy for me this week. Sorry

Hey give me a call ill pm you my number. I was sending the actual ignition switch under the column. If its your lock cyl i cant help you there. Mine is broken as well LOL.

I have it with me in MD but works been crazy for me this week. Sorry

i called last night ... since you have a life, you were probably busy and didn't hear it.

turns out that the problem was in the rat's nest of wiring the last owner did for the radio, and i'm good now.

so $15 for either the chrome or black lock cylinder? :hail2:

how do you get the keys to match? do you take it to someone?
Yes, take it to a good locksmith. You'll notice when you purchase the key cylinder from Autozone that the top of the key will only be cut. That's because that's the only portion of the key that the ignition cylinder uses to be able to turn. The bottom portion of the key is for the door lock cylinders, the door lock cylinders only use the bottom portion of the key to be able to turn.

So if you take your original key and the new key from Autozone to a locksmith he should be able to cut the bottom portion of the new key to match the bottom portion of your key.

That's what I did, and it worked perfectly. :)

Also, the Autozone ignition cylinders come with "Ford" OEM keys!