Just bought a shortblock. . .where to go from here

Back in Black

Don't feel bad. Almost 3 years on here and the onl
Founding Member
I just bought a shortblcok for real cheap that I may have bored out .30 over. What I was wondering was what all else would I have to do to build a 4 valve 03-04 type engine with a Cobra supercharger. Like, What else would I have do to the car, (computer, fuel system, gauges) and all the other stuff to make it line up. Or could I build the 2 valve engine and put an Eaton Supercharger off of a Cobra and make it work on a 2 valve engine. Thanks alot.
-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

easy and cheaper thing to do would be just build up a 2v and put a KB on it. The Cobra blower wont fit on a 2v and everything you would have to buy to make a 4v would be $$$$. Just get crank, rods, and pistons (and heads and cams if you want). Slap the KB on top and hold on tight.

easy and cheaper thing to do would be just build up a 2v and put a KB on it. The Cobra blower wont fit on a 2v and everything you would have to buy to make a 4v would be $$$$. Just get crank, rods, and pistons (and heads and cams if you want). Slap the KB on top and hold on tight.

Thanks for the imput. It has a crank in it so that saves a few $$$. I think a good boring out with the KB would be nice. I just dont know what heads, cams or intake to go with to make it sweet. I am not trying to make the car undrivable. Just a street car that is pretty kick ass. :nice:

So it already has forged internals or just a crank? Also if you get the engine bored out you will have to get new pistons if you already have them to fit in the cylinders properly. In either case you still need to get the crank balanced with the new pistons and rods.

Also for heads and cams. What Im going to do (In the future. Im out of money. LOL) is MPH Stage 2.5 Heads and VT Stage 2 Blower Cams. As for the intake wait till Early 07 for the new Trick Flow Intake that is supposed to be coming out. Its like the bullit intake but cheaper and you keep all you stock fuel rails and what not. Or you could go with the P-51 there is a guy around here that has one and said he picked up about 40-50 rwhp on his 02 turbod GT.

Also for heads and cams. What Im going to do (In the future. Im out of money. LOL) is MPH Stage 2.5 Heads and VT Stage 2 Blower Cams. As for the intake wait till Early 07 for the new Trick Flow Intake that is supposed to be coming out. Its like the bullit intake but cheaper and you keep all you stock fuel rails and what not. Or you could go with the P-51 there is a guy around here that has one and said he picked up about 40-50 rwhp on his 02 turbod GT.

Cool man, yeah its just a block with a crank. The pistons I will be getting soon I hope ( that whole cah thing gets in the way) and I know I will have to take them when I get her hogged out. Thanks for the info on the new trickflo and Where can I pick those heads up at? Would it be feasable to have stock ones port / polished?

Just go to modularpowerhouse.com or call and talk to Tim he will set you up. You have to send your stcok heads in and they port them. Also look at VTs heads they are a little cheaper but still top notch.