Just brought home a new stang!

mustanglouie

Dec 30, 2004
Oakwood GA
Well I am the proud owner of a brand new 2007 mustang GT. It's black with all black interior. Well I am just wondering if there is any info that you guys could give me that might be helpfull. Like how I should drive the car for awhile since it only has 200 miles on it. Just anything that you can think of that would give me some more info about these cars. I just found out the other day that you could change the color of your dash lights! I just want to see if there is something I should do to it or not to do to it. All in all the car is great. I traded my modified 95gt in for this car and it seems like my car had a little bit more get up and go to her. But then again I haven't broke 4 grand with my car. But I am hoping it will get faster as time goes by. Thanks for any help and knowlege that you can give me in advance. And look foward to participating in these forurms instead of the 94-95 forums which by the way is a great section on this site.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the S197 purchase. I love the fact that we can change the color of our dash lights. I have mine set for a purplish hue(3-1-2). You don't really have to take it to easy on these cars for to long. Perhaps like you are now and after 1000 miles change to full synthetic oil and you'll be good. The best bang for the buck mods you can do for your car is CAI/Tuner and upgrade your rear gears(I spent $1200 including the install price for the gears)!!!!! It will eliminate all your throttle hang/lag. It will be a night and day difference from what you have now. With the 4.10 gears and the automatic I still get 19 MPG. Have fun on here and in your new Stang:nice:

You'll read it everywhere about the warranty issue. It's tricky, every dealer handles it differently. Some will say if you have any mods, warranty is voided, others will say as long as that part didn't directly affect what went wrong, it'll be okay. Scroll back through the talk forums (since they are unsearchable). You'll probably find a post every few days about the same thing. Congrats, I'm still waiting for mine to come in. I'm jealous.

Ford should install the gears and cover them under full factory warranty. You can also get the FRPP Performance Package. It is not the best, but all parts will be covered. If you get a tuner with custom tunes from either Brenspeed or Bamachips, you can switch back to the factory tune in minutes before taking it do the dealer for any service.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/performancepackages/performancepackages.asp