Just changed the oil...

• Sponsors (?)

Agree on the fram :notnice:
I only use Motorcraft.For storage i just put a Canadian Tire mastercraft oil filter since the stang will not be running at all,and when spring comes,out it comes along with the there oil,and back goes in the Motorcraft oil filter,and some Castrol 5W20.Come to think about it,i change the oil in my stang way to much!!!In 6500 km's i have changed it 7 times :eek: .

OneStiffGT said:
its hard to take it off for me because I don't like hot oil pooring on my arms.
Then you would hate my job.

Those K&N filters are expensive as hell, screw that. Since i got my car i just hand tighten the filter when i put it on, then when i take it off i usually just barehand it and wipe up the rack with a rag. Its pretty clean under there.

I just got the car and I was doing the first oil change so I was not the one who installed the previous filter.

Here's a good one, now that the new oil is in the driver's side head is ticking :notnice:

No, not really... Did I mention I am trying to teach the wife to drive a stick in it and she will need to make short trips in it during the day while I am at work with the Honda Civic? :(

Wives learning to drive sticks on fragile Cobras FTMFL

I have a question ? How many quarts of oil do I use on my 02 mustang gt ? I used to put 5 quarts but this time I put 6 cause some where I read saying it need 6 quarts but even when it 6 quarts my dipstick don't show pull wtf ?

I just changed the oil last week. A trick I use is to coat the gasket of the filter with a thin film of oil, then hand tighten. The commercial oil change places don't do that and when you do decide to do it yourself, the filter is "baked" on there.

Kilgore Trout said:
No, not really... Did I mention I am trying to teach the wife to drive a stick in it and she will need to make short trips in it during the day while I am at work with the Honda Civic? :(

Wives learning to drive sticks on fragile Cobras FTMFL

:lol: I don't think you have to worry so much unless you are afraid she is going to be doing burnouts or top speed runs...