Just checking In....

Dano78

Founding Member
Nov 1, 1999
Vancouver, WA
Hey guys, it's been a little bit since I last posted. Thought I'd drop in and say Hi. Been taking the car out on occasions but noting too spectacular.
I am happy to report that the junkyard that I use to frequent (i'm frequenting again...) Now has 4 yes FOUR Mustang II's ready for the pickins. Appearantly I'm not the only II guy int he neighbohood anymore because there's some peculiar stuff that has been pulled that only a II guy would want. :scratch:

I did allow a 3.55 trak loc and another 3.40 set slip on by as they were long gone from the cars when I got there. 2 fastbacks, one a Mach 1 (both '74s one V6 other was a converted V8 -gone-) and the other 2 are coupes (1 a V6 and the other a V8 Ghia) The V8 car is MIA (yard doesn't know where they put it) but i saw it in the incomming holding pen and it's not a reseller for sure. Looks like that V8 is what ended the II's life career. Car hit something HARD head on spinning around and wiping out the driver's side quarter BAD (looks like telephone pole damage on the quarter) High speed kinda stuff. The engine looked fresh and the black interior was really nice (hope it still is) One of the desk jockeys said the yard owner already pulled the engine because it was a rebuilt.

The other 3 II's amazingly have stellar sheet netal on the noses and nice doors too. A few good bumpers but none with virgin chrome in-layed trim. The one '74 fastback did ahve the one-off seat belt trims that go along the inside of the rockers. (thought somebody was looking for those?? )

Was talking to one of the other desk guys and he commented that he's been needing more II's and that he's been dry for a while and always seemed to make good sales from them. (probably because of me!) Because I asked if he had crushed the V8 one. He swaers it's in teh yard somewhere and that it was gonnna sit out ther at least for a little while but maybe not as long as the other 3.

Don't know if you guys are looking for anything particular or not. I didn't see anything too out of the ordinary other than the typical II parts you normall find on all of them. The 1 '74 Mach 1 did have an unusual factory auto tranny cooler that mounted int he opening below the bumper above the valance and it the width of the valance opening. Definately not aftermarket as it fits like Henry put it there himself. But it mounts to a canter bracket that is part of the '74 valance that are non-existant on the '75-up cars.

Anyhow, lemmie know. Will be out of town next weekend (going to da BEACH!) SO would have to be *maybe* durring the week (but really not likely) but rather the following weekend I'll be going back. :nice:

May have to sneak in a camera a snap some pics too.

• Sponsors (?)