Mach 1 Just done some more goodies to tha Mach!!

A transmission cooler ought to be standard equipment on auto-equipped high performance vehicles in my opinion. I've been thinking about installing a Cobra oil cooler assembly to among other things possibly avoid getting the dreaded left cylinder head tick (hasn't happened so far fortunately).

• Sponsors (?)

ragu1585 said:
yes mines an auto.
I still wouldn't go to the trouble of adding a cooler. Unless you plan on towing, it's just something else that can leak without offering much tangible benefit in return. I would, however, make sure and replace the fluid and filter at the recommended mileage interval. Performing that maintenance item along with repairing leaks when they appear (vice adding "stop leak" or simply ignoring leaks) will do more for your transmission life than anything else.

Give Me TP said:
A transmission cooler ought to be standard equipment on auto-equipped high performance vehicles in my opinion. I've been thinking about installing a Cobra oil cooler assembly to among other things possibly avoid getting the dreaded left cylinder head tick (hasn't happened so far fortunately).

Weren't Cobra's the main vehicle first diagnosed having the head tick problem? If so, how would adding their cooler prevent a problem that they are getting also?

That would be like saying, I'm gonna get a blood transfusion from a guy with HIV to prevent HIV....

I would do the mod that actually corrects the cooling passages at the back of the block (not the one with the plastic T)

Anything to cool the heads down would help, oil cooler included. I don't have any head tick thus far so I will do nothing yet. How many Cobras have the head tick, and are their heads identical to the Mach 1?

Sorry, I know nothing about HIV to say whether that's a valid analogy or not. That's not been a part of my experience or lifestyle.