Progress Thread Just finished re-working a turbo.

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by zZsKyZz, Mar 4, 2013.

1. zZsKyZz

zZsKyZz Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After hours spent disassembling, porting, polishing, cleaning, degreasing, polishing the outside of the turbo, mixing up a powder coat, powder coating the cold side, powder coating the hardware brackets on the back, ceramic coating the hot side, baking for over 3 hours, and reassembling, this is the finished result. Around 30-35 hours total.

2. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Advanced Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Nice. What kind of turbo is it? Is this a kit or a diy build?

Joe

3. zZsKyZz

zZsKyZz Member

It's a cheap 68mm turbo that is part of a Boost Brothers kit that I purchased about a month or two ago. I grinded off the letters on the turbo and then smoothed and polished it with a dermal before powder coating it. I plan on powder coating the entire cold side [piping, IC, etc], then ceramic coating the outside of the hot side before the turbo and wrapping it, then ceramic coating the inside and outside of the hot side after the turbo [down pipe and exhaust]. I'm going to do the best I can to keep temps. down. Due to the design of the kit, everything seems to be combined over on the passenger side [cold and hot] and I don't want the cold side getting heat soaked, hoping to prevent that as much as possible. Also, I figure by doing this, it will look nice and [hopefully] prevent rust.