Just finsh ordering a DCContoler!!!!

rflow50

Jun 18, 2005
TX
A just finsh ordering a DC Controler for my stang. I called Brian from Delta Current Control and he recommended the (FK35), i am going to use this one with a Taurus 3.8 elec. fan (2 speed) that i just got. As you all know i was having overheating problems with another elec. fan that i got from ebay. Hope this would solve my problem, since i heard a lot of good stuff about the Taurus fans and the DC Contolers working as a set up. I'm also going to replace my 160* thermo with a 180*. :lol:

• Sponsors (?)

rflow50 said:
A just finsh ordering a DC Controler for my stang. I called Brian from Delta Current Control and he recommended the (FK35), i am going to use this one with a Taurus 3.8 elec. fan (2 speed) that i just got. As you all know i was having overheating problems with another elec. fan that i got from ebay. Hope this would solve my problem, since i heard a lot of good stuff about the Taurus fans and the DC Contolers working as a set up. I'm also going to replace my 160* thermo with a 180*. :lol:
Good choice. I went with the same setup two month's ago and love it. If you can, call Brian back and order the LED indicator light. It will let you know what the fan is doing otherwise you'll be jumping in and out of the car to see if it working. You can't hear it inside the car, and its kind of a cool little gadget to watch turn colors when your in traffic. :nice:

5 bucks I believe if you order it with the fan. I ordered it for the foxbody, and did my wife's Jeep without it.. doesn't really bother me. The first time you take it for a test drive after you complete the install, watch that temp. gauge like a hawk, and then sit back and relax in traffic with the a/c blaring knowing that controller is working it's butt off. :) No regrets about either of mine.

Oh, and make sure to use the brown wire on the Taurus fan, and just clamp off the blue one. One thing you may miss in the directions (I did both times) was to wire that yellow wire with the female terminal attached to a 12v ignition source, or you'll hear the fan whining trying to spin itself with only battery power after you shut the car off.

rflow50 said:
thanks for the input, i will post my results next week, after the installation.
The LED is $10 unless you wait to long then he will tag on a $5 delivery fee. So call him as soon as possible before he sends the unit out so he can include the LED. I believe the orange/black wire is the high speed. When you hook up the DCcontrol unit you will want to hook it up the high speed wire. Test the wires first to make sure.

5spd GT said:
Does anyone sell them new? Or what is some good aftermarket fans...I'm trying to buy new if possible:shrug:
You still might be able to get one through Ford. DCcontrol sells them with the variable speed control unit. Not cheap to buy these fans new. Dccontrol's fan+unit sells for $365 new. A lot easier if you can find one used, then just order the control unit for $110.
PS, Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Black Magic/Proform fan. They usually don't hold up over time.

a Viper fan would be my choice over a Mk 8. It looks to be slimmer too.

David, you could do the JY fan and then put a new motor in it.

Good luck bud!

HISSIN50 said:
a Viper fan would be my choice over a Mk 8. It looks to be slimmer too.

David, you could do the JY fan and then put a new motor in it.

Good luck bud!

How much is a Viper fan?...and wouldn't that have a lot of draw:shrug:

Thanks, did you read my "overheating" thread from a couple days ago. It overheated badly...i'm going for a fan/controller combo like you suggested I go with first anyways:nice:

Theres a guy on ebay who sells Taurus fans all the time for around $60 bucks.

On a separate note, I'm not sure if I'm blind or something, but both my taurus fan high speed wires look brown.. maybe they're just dirty.